Oklahoma puts more women in prison than any other place on the globe ...40% for Drugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that is a very contrived argument. You could just as easily make that statement about guns instead of crack and you'd have the anti-gun crowd argument.

just because something has the potential to ruin lives doesn't make it inherently bad.

Contrived?.... not at all, it happens every day.

And guns and drugs in this instance are NOT interchangeable.

Guns can be and are used responsibly every day by law abiding citizens. With drugs there is NOTHING responsible about altering your state of mind for personal enjoyment.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
donner stop with the devils advocate bull sh*t and all the "big" words. Im a big word person myself but when im off the clock I save them for people like you who need them to boost there egos.

I hope you are playing mr advocate and this is not your stupidity at play. Do you know how many times a person breaks the law or wrongs someone before they get caught? Better yet do you know how many times a person commits a drug related crime before they get a felony for it? Do you know how many times they drop out of rehab (on your dollar) before we say "look the next step is prison", or how many children or innocent parties our hurt for such a stupid act.

And talk about inherent, doing drugs is INHERENTLY stupid.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my last post was harsh but I still mean it to some degree. Im all about accountability on these issues... can you tell?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Contrived?.... not at all, it happens every day.

And guns and drugs in this instance are NOT interchangeable.

Guns can be and are used responsibly every day by law abiding citizens. With drugs there is NOTHING responsible about altering your state of mind for personal enjoyment.

Here, i'll help you out.

Definitions of contrived on the Web:

showing effects of planning or manipulation; "a novel with a contrived ending"
artificial: artificially formal; "that artificial humility that her husband hated"; "contrived coyness"; "a stilted letter of acknowledgment"; "when people try to correct their speech they develop a stilted pronunciation"

You are also wrong, drugs can be used in responsible ways, and they are daily. What is the difference between alcohol or the pain killer the doctor prescribed? While they may be used for medical purposes, the fact that each can be abused just as easily makes them relevant to this discussion.

Just like guns, as you pointed out.

I called it contrived because your statement is meant to elicit an overly emotional response. Just like something an anti-gunner would do to justify banning guns. I can give you a worst case scenario that can justify just about anything. All i have to do is point to a family in ruin, a la "think of the children".

donner stop with the devils advocate bull sh*t and all the "big" words. Im a big word person myself but when im off the clock I save them for people like you who need them to boost there egos.

I hope you are playing mr advocate and this is not your stupidity at play. Do you know how many times a person breaks the law or wrongs someone before they get caught? Better yet do you know how many times a person commits a drug related crime before they get a felony for it? Do you know how many times they drop out of rehab (on your dollar) before we say "look the next step is prison", or how many children or innocent parties our hurt for such a stupid act.

And talk about inherent, doing drugs is INHERENTLY stupid.

i never said doing drugs was smart. I pointed out that your argument is too broad and emotional to be of much value to a discussion. I'm sorry if i made your head hurt. it wasn't my intention. It was just the word that fit the situation.

my last post was harsh but I still mean it to some degree. Im all about accountability on these issues... can you tell?

I'm all for accountability, too. But i also recognize we have a 'chicken or egg' problem. We've created a problem where a lack of education is leading to higher rates of incarnation because of drugs. So we spend the money on prisons instead of education. You want accountability? How about we, as a society, figure out how to responsibly handle our drug problem so as not to restrict the rights of individuals or bankrupt future generations.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Argue all you will but this thread does provide context for the term "drugs".

And the definition of contrived must have been for your own clarification because I know very well what the word means.

Just keep typing and I will keep laughing as you try and clarify your tragic post.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cant wait to see how your opinion changes if (God forbid) one of children or a family member gets hit by a cracked out chick behind the wheel.Still a lifestyle choice or does she become prison worthy.... I think the latter.
Alcohol is legal tho'....
:thumbup3:

doesn't that mean we should spend more to educate people about the dangers of and work towards keeping people off of drugs?
Clearly punishment after the fact isn't doing much good for our society when it comes to drug issues.
Werd.

Yep the rest of the world is broken. Sure I dont believe weed should be illegal but abusing any other substance should get you the ball and chain. Even if a person is addicted it was still a conscious choice at one point and time.
And its not about the drug itself. If people just minded their own business and enjoyed their highs in the confines of their own homes there would be no problem what so ever. However thats not the case, people turn into idiots, thieves, crooks, con men, and murderers when under the influence. And you want that to be legal?
You have a gun to protect yourself from such threats. I wouldnt be surprised in the least if 70% of home invasions or robberies were drug related and that could be an understatement.
Ahh yes.....the consequences of prohibition.

BTW, since you do not believe "weed" should be illegal but every other substance should.....what specific determinators shape your reasoning?
Just curious.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
J.P. im not gonna argue/discuss for the sake of it, its not worth my time. Nothing against you but I have had enough of this thread already.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTW, since you do not believe "weed" should be illegal but every other substance should.....what specific determinators shape your reasoning?
Just curious.

I think alcohol and prescription drugs just have historically had a better lobby.

Food, alcohol, drugs, even video games can be abused. Just as they can be used responsibly. Clearly what we are doing is working so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom