Oklahoma puts more women in prison than any other place on the globe ...40% for Drugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I consider locking up pathetic deadbeat dopers to be a waste of my tax dollars.If they aren't smuggling, selling significant quantities or giving dope to minors let them dope themselves to death at their own expense NOT MINE!

That's brilliant! You can always trust an addict to do the right thing.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
as a matter of fact prohibition against drugs should be terminated.
after 25+ years of war on drugs with untold resources spent... ten's thousands of folks locked up... all with little to NO results.

but that's not the topic of this thread...

which is women are getting locked up at a higher rate than anywhere on Earth. doesn't that strike you as something is broken?

why are women that different here in Oklahoma than anywhere else on Earth? the answer is .... women are not any different in Okla, they just are treated to MUCH harsher sentencing than anywhere on Earth. and yes there are some dumb ass women in Oklahoma and all over the world. they just happened to get locked up more in Oklahoma.

IMHO private for profit prisons should be illegal. for all we know private prisons could be driving this.... there's documented instances of this happening with judges getting kick backs for juveniles put in treatment centers.

Another week, another lets legalize drugs thread. YAAAWWWWNNNN!!!!

So we shouldn't hold drug addicts accountable for their actions? Forget the fact that they are breaking stupid laws, they are stupid enough to do it in a manner that gets them caught, and a high percentage of those have children who they are neglecting to satisfy their addictions....there are plenty of pot smokers that have never had an encounter with the law and take care of their responsibilities.

Your title should be "Oklahoma locks up more dumbass women than any other place place on Earth".

That's brilliant! You can always trust an addict to do the right thing.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drug laws are ridiculous. What amounts to a lifestyle choice should not be illegal, so why should it be illegal to sell that lifestyle choice?

I cant wait to see how your opinion changes if (God forbid) one of children or a family member gets hit by a cracked out chick behind the wheel.

Still a lifestyle choice or does she become prison worthy.... I think the latter.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I consider locking up pathetic deadbeat dopers to be a waste of my tax dollars.If they aren't smuggling, selling significant quantities or giving dope to minors let them dope themselves to death at their own expense NOT MINE!

Yea thats kind of the point. The ones who are smuggling, selling, etc ARE the ones locked up. Do you think the cops walk into peoples homes to see if women are doped up all by their lonesome...... NO. They are caught in public doing something stupid or being a nuisance to society in some other fashion.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you really think that possession is the only thing that the majority was charged with when they were originally arrested? A lot of times the dopers are arrested for DUI, No Drivers license, No insurance, Possession of stolen property, Possession of firearm while in the commission of a felony...On and on and on. Drugs are not the only thing that they are guilty of.

Want to see what a baby looks like that comes from a meth lab bust. Sad, very sad.

Hopefully, they will rot just as fast as their teeth do, after conviction.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cant wait to see how your opinion changes if (God forbid) one of children or a family member gets hit by a cracked out chick behind the wheel.

Still a lifestyle choice or does she become prison worthy.... I think the latter.

that is a very contrived argument. You could just as easily make that statement about guns instead of crack and you'd have the anti-gun crowd argument.

just because something has the potential to ruin lives doesn't make it inherently bad.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you really think that possession is the only thing that the majority was charged with when they were originally arrested? A lot of times the dopers are arrested for DUI, No Drivers license, No insurance, Possession of stolen property, Possession of firearm while in the commission of a felony...On and on and on. Drugs are not the only thing that they are guilty of.

Want to see what a baby looks like that comes from a meth lab bust. Sad, very sad.

Hopefully, they will rot just as fast as their teeth do, after conviction.

Hot checks is a particular favorite of women ... and not just a couple of them ... those gals go ape**** ...

We had several women working for the hotel I worked at on a work-release program ... and there were a lot of trustees working for the state. Every single one of them had:

1. drug problems
2. hot checks in the hundreds of dollars
3. and kids in the welfare system
4. Most of them came from homes where their behavior was learned from a parent. (In fact probably 90% of the women I met were introduced to drugs by a parent or guardian -- some of them told me their foster parents were instrumental in getting them hooked.)

Once they get hooked on the drugs nothing is sacred. Not even their kids. Everything they do is looking for another fix. Broke my heart and made me insanely mad at the same time. Those poor kids didn't stand a snowball's chance in hell ...

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
4. Most of them came from homes where their behavior was learned from a parent. (In fact probably 90% of the women I met were introduced to drugs by a parent or guardian -- some of them told me their foster parents were instrumental in getting them hooked.)

Once they get hooked on the drugs nothing is sacred. Not even their kids. Everything they do is looking for another fix.

doesn't that mean we should spend more to educate people about the dangers of and work towards keeping people off of drugs?

Clearly punishment after the fact isn't doing much good for our society when it comes to drug issues.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
as a matter of fact prohibition against drugs should be terminated.
after 25+ years of war on drugs with untold resources spent... ten's thousands of folks locked up... all with little to NO results.

but that's not the topic of this thread...

which is women are getting locked up at a higher rate than anywhere on Earth. doesn't that strike you as something is broken?

Yep the rest of the world is broken. Sure I dont believe weed should be illegal but abusing any other substance should get you the ball and chain. Even if a person is addicted it was still a conscious choice at one point and time.

And its not about the drug itself. If people just minded their own business and enjoyed their highs in the confines of their own homes there would be no problem what so ever. However thats not the case, people turn into idiots, thieves, crooks, con men, and murderers when under the influence. And you want that to be legal?

You have a gun to protect yourself from such threats. I wouldnt be surprised in the least if 70% of home invasions or robberies were drug related and that could be an understatement.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
doesn't that mean we should spend more to educate people about the dangers of and work towards keeping people off of drugs?

Clearly punishment after the fact isn't doing much good for our society when it comes to drug issues.

To be honest I don't think "education" is the answer.

Every single one of those women knew right from wrong. Just like I did. The difference between them and me is they put themselves before their kids. I honestly had a real hard time feeling sorry for any of them. Their kids ... that was a different deal entirely.

At some point in your miserable life you have to decide whether you are gonna do the right thing or the easy thing. Those gals chose the easy way out.

It's really too bad that the "system" that is supposed to save these kids from their parents and grandparents actually just reinforces that destructive behavior. For every good, decent foster parent there are a dozen or more who are only in it for the money.

Again, I don't know what the answer is ... unfortunately you can't just make someone do the right thing. If you could, life would be so much simpler for all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom