Oklahoma puts more women in prison than any other place on the globe ...40% for Drugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1shot(bob)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty much the way I see it too. I'm still mixed on the issue of drug legalization but it looks as though the women with life convictions are in for drug traffic. Using it is one thing but knowing dealing in it is a different issue.

Drug laws are ridiculous. What amounts to a lifestyle choice should not be illegal, so why should it be illegal to sell that lifestyle choice?

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem I have with a-holes who make excuses for using drugs is that they need to see the real impact of drug use not just pot. How about mommy who blends up an entire bottle of Adderall in juniors malt, or the P.O.S. who is so blown out of their mind they can’t even call 911 for their spouse? I could go on, and on, and on.

Sorry, no sympathy here. They can rot!

One more time.. Don’t break the law and you don't go to jail.

GOTOGUY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
can't believe the attitude in this thread so far...
must be the normal mind-set in Oklahoma.

when 40% of the women prison population in OK are for drugs... don't you see something wrong?

drugs addicts are going to do drugs ... NO matter what the penalty or consequence. for a true addict, the minute they get let out of prison, odds are they are going right back to drugs.

in thread below a female gets life in prison for drug use... that's right for simple drug use, life in prison without parole .... what a waste of our public resources!!!

at the last OSA, GTG ... had a conversation with an OSA member who happens to be a prosecutor.... He agreed that his office sees a LOT of females.... my question to him was the same... with Oklahoma locking up more women than anywhere in the WORLD..... don't you think something is broken?

something about punishment should fit the crime comes to mind!!!!

---------------------

Life Sentence for 6.5 gram Crack... Is this stupid and a waste of resources or what?

Murders, Armed Robbers and Rapist get less time than that...

----------------

Female inmate wants sentence reduced

http://www.tulsaworld.com/articleima...vereux0109.jpg

Sheila Devereux: Because this was her third conviction for drug possession, she received a life sentence under Oklahoma's "three-strikes law."

Published: 1/9/2011 2:31 AM

A woman asking to have her life sentence modified because her case involves indicted police officers has hit a road block in her effort to be freed, a Tulsa World investigation shows.

Sheila Devereux, 47, has asked Tulsa County District Attorney Tim Harris to review her case, which involved a 2005 conviction for drug trafficking.

http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110194

Yes, I agree. Some high and mighty people on here. Yes, something is wrong about smoking pot and going to jail, but that's the agenda of wonderful Big Brother. Pot is bad, illegal. Pot is okay, legal. Bad, illegal. Okay, legal. It's their agenda. Whatever the agenda, that's what our gov does. So, folks, if having a gun was illegal, would you break the law????

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are certainly some that *need* to be locked up.

That said, again, I am in favor of decriminalizing drugs (and firearms).
I firmly believe that we are attacking the 'drug problem' the wrong way....I mean, gun laws do not appear to deter criminals.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So we shouldn't hold drug addicts accountable for their actions? Forget the fact that they are breaking stupid laws, they are stupid enough to do it in a manner that gets them caught, and a high percentage of those have children who they are neglecting to satisfy their addictions....there are plenty of pot smokers that have never had an encounter with the law and take care of their responsibilities.

Your title should be "Oklahoma locks up more dumbass women than any other place place on Earth".

MD Froman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I consider locking up pathetic deadbeat dopers to be a waste of my tax dollars.If they aren't smuggling, selling significant quantities or giving dope to minors let them dope themselves to death at their own expense NOT MINE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom