Oklahoma ranks 30th in Nation as "gun-friendly" state

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootinpreacher48

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not trying to start a huge fight here but when i moved to Oklahoma from Wyoming i was like crap all the freakin gun laws. I thought i was moving to Comifornia. Wyoming, and Montana are so Pro Gun and anti gun laws that there are so few laws on the books. Now i do love where i live in Oklahoma its like living in Wyoming, God bless the panhandle.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Signs DO NOT carry weight of law. The 30-06 sign in Texas carries weight, but not in Oklahoma.

Thanx for that clarification. That said, if I manage to pass my CPA exam, I'm headed to Montana. Mebbe Wyoming. I'd love Alaska, but my wife has a thing about freezing to death.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We actually rank a lot higher. Who ever wrote this didn't do much research or ask somebody "in the know".
Nfa law follows federal law, but because of how its written it sounds like we have to have some kind of federal license to own nfa weapons. Not just a tax stamp.

maybe some of you guys should write them and set them straight.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok. I'm confused. Signs do not carry the weight of law, or did something change?

OKs law is murky IMO. Because you can be charged with trespassing if you are carrying in a business with a gun buster and they don't even have to ask you to leave before doing it. I would really like to see an amendment to OKs SDA that clarifies that it "Shall not be a criminal act" to carry in any prohibited place for a CCL holder. MOs law has this clause and so long as no one asks you to leave, you can carry anywhere you damn well please (bars, professional sporting, etc) and you are protected from prosecution.

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OKs law is murky IMO. Because you can be charged with trespassing if you are carrying in a business with a gun buster and they don't even have to ask you to leave before doing it. I would really like to see an amendment to OKs SDA that clarifies that it "Shall not be a criminal act" to carry in any prohibited place for a CCL holder. MOs law has this clause and so long as no one asks you to leave, you can carry anywhere you damn well please (bars, professional sporting, etc) and you are protected from prosecution.

You have a case of this happening?

Latest posts

Top Bottom