Oklahoma voters approve Sunday liquor store sales measure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This was a good win for the mom and pop stores.

I will say this, as the years have progressed here on OSA, there are a number of people that call themselves "conservatives" that sure seem to know what's best for others.... only of course... when it pertains to their sanctimonious nature. Apply such standards to 2A issues and all of the sudden they are Freedom Fighters.

I'm just shocked and floored that nobody has invited Terry to a last minute pool party.

I'm extremely boring...

...plus, my girth causes too much water to be spilled out of the pool.

Oh, and some of you don't get the sense of humor.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
upload_2020-1-19_17-34-43.jpg
I've never understood why you couldn't buy on Sunday what you could buy any other day.
Me either! I buy enough milk to last through the weekend so why can't people buy enough booze to last? Maybe they drink it more quickly than if it were milk? but if that's the case, buy twice as much and leave Sunday alone, it's for the kids anyway. Alcohol shall never pass my lips...at least since 1975-the last time it did.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Liquor stores will be allowed to be open"
lol, does that not answer your question?

um, no, it doesn't.

according to the article

"The proposals came more than three years after voters approved changes in statewide liquor laws allowing strong beer and wine to be sold in grocery stores.

Supporters of the measure argued that allowing liquor stores to be open on Sundays would allow them to better compete for business with grocery stores."

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, but I just don't understand how folks can't figure out to buy their booze in advance of the weekend.

Oh, wait...

....the "medical" MJ must hamper their "logical" thinking.

Why should I have to plan my days around a ridiculous law. I am a grownup, if I want to buy a bottle of wine or tequila on Sunday that is my business not big brothers!! It is a silly unneeded law that never should have been on the books.
And WTH does medical MJ have to do with this question?

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have I EVER said that I thought prohibition laws were OK?

That said, I do hate that people will "indulge" in either alcohol or drugs and then go drive, putting others at risk. I've seen the results of such idiocy.
We have all seen that idiocy and thank you for lumping every one who drinks in with the idiots!! Guess maybe we should all turn in our guns cause some idiot shot up a church!!!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm all bummed out about this!

I'm retiring in a few months,,,
I've applied for a part-time job at my favorite liquor store.

One of the main positives about the job was Sundays off,,,
That was supposed to be my dedicated range day. :angry3:

Aar

Change of occupation is not retirement Mr.!! I have a Websters for ya to study if ya need it!:tounge2::cool:

Latest posts

Top Bottom