On a lighter note. It’s Girl Scout Cookie season.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought 8 boxes of thin mints last Feb. and I still have 3 boxes left. I keep them in the closet and forget I have them. I usually just keep a sleeve in the freezer and eat them frozen 2 or 3 at a time. Then I forget about them in the freezer.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
dealer.jpg

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
OKC Girl Scout top national sales over 100,000 sold.

1706943418407.png

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/meet...d-over-100000-boxes-of-cookies-211638391.html
That’s a lot of Thin Mints! Fifteen-year-old Katie Francis is the all-time Girl Scout cookie selling champion.

The high school freshman from Oklahoma City has sold a record 100,100 boxes of Girl Scout cookies during her seven years as a scout. The honor couldn’t have come at a more apropos time—2017 marks the 100th anniversary of the Girl Scout cookie program.

During cookie season, Katie sells for several hours each day. She says she has the most luck when she sets up shop outside her local supermarket.

She shared her top tips with me in the video above:

1. Have fun and enjoy what you do.
  2. Know your product.
  3. Always dress professionally and wear a smile.
A little song and dance doesn’t hurt, either. Katie has been known to sing songs about Girl Scout cookies set to Christmas carols or pop tunes. For example, a couple of years ago she used the tune, “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” from the Disney animated-hit “Frozen” and changed it to, “Do You Want to Buy a Cookie?”

It’s that kind of creativity that’s helped put Katie at the top of the cookie-selling leader board. Thin mints are her bestsellers—as they are nationally—but her personal favorite is the caramel-and-chocolate smothered Samoas.

Sig365CCW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I'm all for supporting boys in Boy Scouts and girls in Girl Scouts. Both used to be worthy organizations that helped kids. Used to be and maybe still is, becoming an Eagle Scout was an honor. I could buy cheaper cookies but supporting kids doing anything good besides playing video games and TikTok is money well spent.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like the cookies, especially Thin Mints (although they're expensive).
Do not like the insane level of "woke" that their leadership steered the organization into.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Latest posts

Top Bottom