Outdoor America

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I called to check on a price of a gun after thanksgiving and I got the answering machine and was instructed to leave a message. I left my message and still have not gotten a call back from them. Nice customer service!

Sorry I'm talking about Outdoor America , not sure why I put OSA

In the 25 years I've lived in OKC and the numerous times I've tried calling OAS I might have actually reached a human 3 or 4 times. ...don't even bother anymore, I just go there.

And if you need help ASK FOR IT 'cuz its the only way yur gonna get it. And don't bother being nice about it either. Just yell in the general direction of the bozo sittin' on his rear doing his best to ignore you that "Hey, customer with cash needs help down here". Shrug off the dirty look and proceed to handle and/or buy what it is you want.

GarrettL

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been in OA several times and their selection is definitely lacking. I do appreciate their lower prices however. Low prices dont mean much if they dont have it in stock...I'm one of those guys that like to put my meat beaters on a weapon before I buy.
I've never had any problems with their customer service either.

okie_gunslinger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had mixed results shopping there, I purchased a Walther p22 there a couple years back and the guy I dealt with was very rude and dismissive even after I told him I was buying the gun, he was the same way with another guy that was there buying a handgun too. We both complained to the lady that was running the register, I told her that if I hadn't had to travel all the way from Ada to buy the gun I probably would have just saved my money.

Since then I've had positive experiences. nothing stellar but not outright rude like the first guy.

corwin1968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've found the service there to be a mixed bag but generally my experiences have been positive. I've been there looking for a specific gun that wasn't in stock and Fred ordered it for me, on two different occasions. Because of their prices they would be my first stop to purchase a new gun.

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
North of the Red River, South of the Cimarron
If you want service in that store, demand it.
I usually get loud if they ignore me for very long.
Go over by the shotguns, next to the used long gun racks by the big window to Fred's office, and say loudly "Hey, I need some help here!"
Fred will be out quickly and get you some help.
Fred's health is not good now and his inventory reflects how much interest he puts into the store and it's stock.
But he will get you help if he thinks you are buying.
You get only as much service there as you demand.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good prices. If you can afford to pay for polite, good on you. Fred's health is better now, but he's still Fred. Deal with it or go someplace more pricy. Your mileage may vary. I don't need validation from polite salespersons. If you do, again, good for you.

Commissions at Outdoor America are a joke. These folks are on salary, and the salary isn't much either. Until his health improved, Fred was spiralihng down. Now it appears he may live forever. He's still a tough nut. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom