Overhead Garage Door Spring Just Broke in Broken Arrow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys crack me up, take a look at pictures of people that have been injured shooting, you might want to stop doing that as well.

I've done several, the "you'll shoot your eye out kid" perspective on this is WAY out of hand. The springs are under a lot of tension, you have to understand that, and work with them accordingly. They can hurt you, you have to be very methodical, and very precise(kind of like handling guns).

I made my own tension bars, marked them for the correct insertion depth, this is where most people get hurt.

Here is a good resource if you decide you want to do it yourself, as others have stated, you have to decide if saving $100-$200 is worth it.

http://ddmgaragedoors.com/diy-instructions/replace-garage-door-torsion-springs.php

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys crack me up, take a look at pictures of people that have been injured shooting, you might want to stop doing that as well.

I've done several, the "you'll shoot your eye out kid" perspective on this is WAY out of hand. The springs are under a lot of tension, you have to understand that, and work with them accordingly. They can hurt you, you have to be very methodical, and very precise(kind of like handling guns).

I made my own tension bars, marked them for the correct insertion depth, this is where most people get hurt.

Here is a good resource if you decide you want to do it yourself, as others have stated, you have to decide if saving $100-$200 is worth it.

http://ddmgaragedoors.com/diy-instructions/replace-garage-door-torsion-springs.php

With all due respect SS.... You are not an average joe homeowner. I believe there is very little you could not do if you put your mind to it and I doubt you would be asking for spring advice here. The OP did some research and is STILL asking us if he should or shouldn't do it himself.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not afraid to tackle a lot of different jobs but I've heard enough horror stories about spring replacement that I'd just as soon let someone else mess with it. I like to think of it as risk management.

Latest posts

Top Bottom