Pending question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ron

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
A month or so before gov shutdown, I called to check status of my suppressor. They told me 7 months from my pending date which was April 30. We'll today I decided to call and check again now the gov is "running again" just because some people I've talked to said their wait time went from 7 months to 9-13 months. We'll called gave them my ser# and name the said my wait time is 9 mo, but my pending date was march 8. How the hell does my pending date change?

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have changed their approach to the phone. Now "pending" means "received" and they won't tell you anything else. Once you've sent it to them you might as well forget about it until you or your SOT receive your stamp.

mapcon1941

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I called to check a Form 4 status and was told that the only info. provided would be the date the forms were received (9/14). I was also told to expect a 15 month wait for approval.

jrguns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well that looks like I will be waiting till 2015 at least. That really sucks because I have 5 items in transfer. I was thinking on adding a few more but now I am not sure. Do you think a form one for a SBR will take the same length of time to?

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've got the same news. They are telling us that it's 15 month turnaround time from the pending date. It's taking about 4 months for the forms to go pending when we send it in by mail. That's nearly a two year wait to receive your stamp. If you have a trust setup you can at least file electronically and go pending within 24 hours.

You'd think they would hire more people and speed up the process. $200 per stamp is a lot of revenue and if the process was quicker many more people would be purchasing them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom