Pharmacies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh wow! I'd be willing to bet you that we wind up getting that same letter, even though our insurance REQUIRES us to fill 90 days at a time and also REQUIRES us to use CVS -- or pick a mail order company to get our meds that way ... Sheesh ... Every time I think I have this mess worked out someone yanks the chair out from under me. 🙄🙄🙄🙄 It's getting to be a real pain in the ass ...

If you have CVS as your prescription plan than you very well may get the letter.

I have two perscription that they do not cover, its all on me. On one of them I was using manufacture coupons to get it at a reduced price. The pharmacy called me this week about the refill, informed that the manufacture stopped offering the coupons and its now $400 per refill.
I replied well nice doing business with you.

I have checked elsewhere and the price is worse, $900 at most other pharmacies.

So I will do without, when I told my doctor he said oh well you will find the money and he walked out of the room.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are near a Costco, use their pharmacy.
You do NOT need a Membership to use the pharmacy. Just tell the door checker you’re Going to the pharmacy. Costco pharmacy prices are usually pretty dang good.

Use GoodRx. You can plug in each prescription and see who offers the best price and who is charging much more.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are near a Costco, use their pharmacy.
You do NOT need a Membership to use the pharmacy. Just tell the door checker you’re Going to the pharmacy. Costco pharmacy prices are usually pretty dang good.

Use GoodRx. You can plug in each prescription and see who offers the best price and who is charging much more.

Man, I wish there was a Costco in Francis...or even Ada.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How interesting. Just got an email notice from The Oklahoman, here is a screen grab. I think this is behind a paywall. You could try googling this.

1680799538773.png

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is some info, apparently the same state question numbers get recycled, I guess. Here is the year 2023 number. You should hopefully read the full letter by this Lorna Palmer in my previous post. Gee could our state legislators do something to actually help the people? BTW in my personal opinion, PBM’s Pharmacy
Benefit Managers (google that) and Lobbyists are usually crooks!)
1680800153463.png

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have CVS as your prescription plan than you very well may get the letter.

I have two perscription that they do not cover, its all on me. On one of them I was using manufacture coupons to get it at a reduced price. The pharmacy called me this week about the refill, informed that the manufacture stopped offering the coupons and its now $400 per refill.
I replied well nice doing business with you.

I have checked elsewhere and the price is worse, $900 at most other pharmacies.

So I will do without, when I told my doctor he said oh well you will find the money and he walked out of the room.

Whoa! That would be the last time that SOB made a dime off me. Wtf?!?!? kind of thing is that to say to a patient. While it makes me angry you were treated like that (I'm used to it unfortunately) I'd be lying if I said I was shocked. The last doctor I talked to who actually acted like he cared about his patients was tRidiot ... Speaking of, I really miss him ...

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what I was notified when I tried to order on the Caremark CVS on the internet.

I heard the other day that CVS is going to quit filling 90 day scripts the max will be 30 days, and if you try to go somewhere else they going to charge a penalty for leaving.

Got the letter yesterday.

In reading the letter it references "if you live in Oklahoma". That makes me wonder if this isn't some sort of state law thing. I'll try to find out, and if I get a believable answer I'll report back.

My guess is, it's a CVS thing, and they just want to be able to charge the co-pay every thirty days instead of 90. They also say mail order is no longer an option. Have to go to a store to get them filled. I don't know about ya'll, but that sounds to me like a marketing ploy to increase revenue, and as a result profit. Also sounds like they want you "in the store" to increase the likely hood you will make an impulse purchase. They are closing stores left & right, so we know they are in trouble as a corporation. Corporations on a firm financial footing do not close retail locations, well unless you're in Portland.

All in all, it's just extremely ******. I'll be on the shop for a different pharmacy, and if I can purchase locally for at or around the same price that these changes will cause I'll purchase locally. Rotten sonsabitches.

If the resident pharmacy owner will ever respond to this thread, I'll give him an opportunity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom