Pharmacies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
@skyhawk1 shoot me a PM with your business name. I don't need a pharmacy, but the wife uses walgreens and we hate it. We'll be happy to be customers.

After seeing all the complaining about CVS and Walgreen's, I guess I'm pretty happy with the VA pharmacy. Slow if you gotta wait in person, but if I just do mail I get it within a week and a half and best of all, its all free.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't stand going to Walgreen's to pick up prescriptions . . . I've tried to get everyone to switch all of their prescriptions to Express Scripts, but hasn't happened yet.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@skyhawk1 shoot me a PM with your business name. I don't need a pharmacy, but the wife uses walgreens and we hate it. We'll be happy to be customers.

After seeing all the complaining about CVS and Walgreen's, I guess I'm pretty happy with the VA pharmacy. Slow if you gotta wait in person, but if I just do mail I get it within a week and a half and best of all, its all free.
Yep, I like the VA pharmacy

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I won't use CVS anymore. I had ordered scripts in Dec. and for weeks kept telling me it was "on the truck" any day.
They closed the store in Moore on 19 st. so I used the one in Norman. They lost my business and no way going in WM.
What’s wrong with Walmart?, I get my Daughters prescriptions, cheap and fast

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard the other day that CVS is going to quit filling 90 day scripts the max will be 30 days, and if you try to go somewhere else they going to charge a penalty for leaving.

Well that's gonna be fun ... Only reason we use CVS is because our insurance carrier requires us to use them for our "maintenance" meds, as well as requiring us to get 90-days scripts for them as well. I guess I could change all that **** over to mail order but I really don't want to **** with it if I don't absolutely have to.

I have all my pain management meds coming from one of the Walgreens over here by the house. I wouldn't trade for the people who work there -- they are ALL, to the man and woman wonderful ... Don't treat me like I'm a junkie and are always pleasant. If I had my way ALL of our scripts would go to them ... But ... Say La Vee as they say ... 😉😂 Yes I know I know I know ... Just being lazy cuz I can ... 😘🤗😇

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a great business promo, right there. It's along the lines of saying a woman was raped because of the way she was dressed.

Did it ever occur to you that not everyone is aware of the ins and outs of how pharmacies work?

What about those of us who have a health insurance company that requires you to use CVS?? I mean it's not just that simple any more. Everyone wants to tell you how and where you get to spend your money on medications but no one wants to actually help you get what you need in a timely and expedient manner. It's ridiculous, really ...

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was one of the lucky ones to get a letter from CVS saying that I can no longer get my maintenance scripts by mail and in 90 day supplies.

This after being forced into that program a few years back.

Now I am on my own so to speak.

They already do not cover one script, another they did then decided not to cover. Today my pharmacist calls me to inform me that the manufacture has changed the packaging for the medication, that I was getting with manufacture discounts, and now its going to be $400 a refill. No more discounts.
I replied nice knowing you **** it.

I think in ocotober when its time to re up, I am getting out of all insurance. I will be one of the army of uninsured who get it all for free. I will help to bring down the system, screw it single payer here we come.

Oh wow! I'd be willing to bet you that we wind up getting that same letter, even though our insurance REQUIRES us to fill 90 days at a time and also REQUIRES us to use CVS -- or pick a mail order company to get our meds that way ... Sheesh ... Every time I think I have this mess worked out someone yanks the chair out from under me. 🙄🙄🙄🙄 It's getting to be a real pain in the ass ...

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What about those of us who have a health insurance company that requires you to use CVS?? I mean it's not just that simple any more. Everyone wants to tell you how and where you get to spend your money on medications but no one wants to actually help you get what you need in a timely and expedient manner. It's ridiculous, really ...

Exactly. And that's the point others have made here. Anything I need comes from the VA. Yeah, it takes a few days but it's always correct and I don't have to deal with overworked staff at a pharmacy like WalMart.

My wife gets her RXs at WalMart. I went with her after a recent minor surgery. They probably need to double their staff due to workload. Every time I've been there I've had an issue of one sort or another. However, this particular time, there was a young girl (a tall, black girl with almost a foreign/island accent...in case any of you Ada locals have had the pleasure of being helped by her at the pharmacy) that took her prescriptions in. She was so thorough and meticulous with everything she did and was very professional. And she was wearing a "Trainee" name tag. I was really impressed. I threw her for a loop when I asked to talk to her supervisor. She thought she was in trouble and I could tell she was scared. But the pharmacist spoke up and I just told him how much I appreciated her outstanding work ethic and the service she gave us. It must've been the first time anyone said anything nice about one of the employees there because he looked totally stunned.

We went to one of the indie pharmacies in Ada once...don't remember which one...for something WalMart didn't have. Frankly, the service there wasn't any better than WalMart.

Latest posts

Top Bottom