Pharmacies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got the letter yesterday.

In reading the letter it references "if you live in Oklahoma". That makes me wonder if this isn't some sort of state law thing. I'll try to find out, and if I get a believable answer I'll report back.

My guess is, it's a CVS thing, and they just want to be able to charge the co-pay every thirty days instead of 90. They also say mail order is no longer an option. Have to go to a store to get them filled. I don't know about ya'll, but that sounds to me like a marketing ploy to increase revenue, and as a result profit. Also sounds like they want you "in the store" to increase the likely hood you will make an impulse purchase. They are closing stores left & right, so we know they are in trouble as a corporation. Corporations on a firm financial footing do not close retail locations, well unless you're in Portland.

All in all, it's just extremely ******. I'll be on the shop for a different pharmacy, and if I can purchase locally for at or around the same price that these changes will cause I'll purchase locally. Rotten sonsabitches.

If the resident pharmacy owner will ever respond to this thread, I'll give him an opportunity.

That's really interesting because when we got our insurance they REQUIRED that we get a 90 prescription for certain meds AND we HAD to use CVS or a mail order place. What a PITA...

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I retired after working for the same independent pharmacy for nearly 40 years. I loved my customers, friends, coworkers I was manager and head pharmacist for most of that time but the issues that changed thru the years dealing with insurance companies, state and federal regulation/requirements drove me away. The license I worked so hard to earn and was proud to use for so long has been placed on ‘inactive’ by choice. You could not drag me back in to work at a pharmacy.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I retired after working for the same independent pharmacy for nearly 40 years. I loved my customers, friends, coworkers I was manager and head pharmacist for most of that time but the issues that changed thru the years dealing with insurance companies, state and federal regulation/requirements drove me away. The license I worked so hard to earn and was proud to use for so long has been placed on ‘inactive’ by choice. You could not drag me back in to work at a pharmacy.

I went to pick up my pain management scripts from Walgreens and my co-pay for xtampza was $100. With my previous insurance it was $25.00. The poor kid getting my stuff together double-checked everything to make sure it wasn't an error. When he realized that there was no mistake and that WAS actually my co-pay he started apologizing profusely. I was like "Hey, dude, no big deal. It's not YOUR fault the insurance companies are doing everything they can think of to put the screws to ALL of us." He looked at me like I'd grown 2 heads ... And then said "OMG THANK YOU!! I don't even know how to thank you for not yelling at me."

It is sad that people take out their frustration on the kids (yeah, he wasn't even 30, I don't think) behind the counter. I know what it's like to not be able to afford your meds but I never took it out on the pharmacy employees. It's not their fault.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What gets me is insurance companies are now medical doctors and knows whats best for you and will only help if you fall in line with their thinking. Wife has a big go around with them nearly monthly on her medical bill and prescriptions.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What gets me is insurance companies are now medical doctors and knows whats best for you and will only help if you fall in line with their thinking. Wife has a big go around with them nearly monthly on her medical bill and prescriptions.
That’s exactly what happens. The insurance company inserts themselves between you and your doctor they call the shots as to what’s best for their bottom line not necessarily what your doctor wants or what’s best for you.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s exactly what happens. The insurance company inserts themselves between you and your doctor they call the shots as to what’s best for their bottom line not necessarily what your doctor wants or what’s best for you.

Yep. I do battle monthly, also. Between the 20-something little **** who lives in mommy's basement while he goes to "pharmacy tech" school trying to save me from myself by questioning my doctor's prescriptions and how I take them (AS INSTRUCTED -- BY MY DOCTOR -- YOU LITTLE ****) and trying to convince me I just need therapy and a lot of Narcan and the insurance company calling me to "make sure I'm okay" and to let me know I can try meditation, talk therapy and yoga in place of "those dangerous pain pills" it's a wonder I haven't managed to make an appearance on the 6 o'clock news ... 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

You should hear the dead silence that comes over the person I'm talking to when I tell them a tree fell on me. 😂😂😂😂 That's the only thing that makes all this worthwhile -- cuz 9 times outta 10 I get an apology and "Oh GOD!! No wonder you are taking pain pills!" 😂😂😂

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now? Been dealing with that for my wife for most of the past nearly 41 years. Both Tricare and, for the few years I had it, BCBS.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It helps that the wife worked for a insurance company for a few years and learned alot of ins and outs of the process and then was a LPN for several years in a doc office and had to deal with the pharmaceutical sales reps and she loves to do research and do debates and has a degree in psychology.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have any that I use regularly, but when I get a prescription to fill I use Goodrx.

It is shocking sometimes the price difference among pharmacies. As in one may have it for $19, and others are hundreds.

We have obamacrap coverage and it's useless for prescriptions.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It helps that the wife worked for a insurance company for a few years and learned alot of ins and outs of the process and then was a LPN for several years in a doc office and had to deal with the pharmaceutical sales reps and she loves to do research and do debates and has a degree in psychology.
You're a lucky man. My ex-wife just had a degree in arguing debate /sigh/ 😥

Latest posts

Top Bottom