Pharmacies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cstan

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard the other day that CVS is going to quit filling 90 day scripts the max will be 30 days, and if you try to go somewhere else they going to charge a penalty for leaving.
This is what I was notified when I tried to order on the Caremark CVS on the internet.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well well I've said it before and I'll say it again. SHOP LOCAL!!! Use an independent!!! Yes CVS/Caremark as well as the other chains continually break the law and nobody will stop them. You folks complaining about CVS & Walgreens get what you deserve for going to them. We get transfers everyday from CVS and Walgreens because they will not take care of them. Somebody said they were getting shorted, well that happens with every pharmacy, we have shortages also. Not our fault, our wholesaler has trouble getting some meds. It's just like every thing else, there are shortages. Oh and by the way my wife and I own an independent pharmacy, we have 2 locations 1 in NW OKC and 1 in Edmond. I'll get off the soap box now. Ya all have a nice day.

Let me climb back on it for you.

If you own a pharmacy then you should be well aware of the restrictions placed by insurance companies on maintenance scripts.

I have tried to switch to a locally owned pharmacy several times, with pharmacists at the locals saying,”yes we can fill that, no problem”. Then when you go in they can only fill 30 days at a time instead of 90 and the cost is about triple.

I have a compounder where I live and they are really good for 1 time fills on some things, but recently I’ve used Apex because that’s where my doctor is located.

If you own a pharmacy you should be well aware some folks are forced to Walgreens and CVS by their insurance coverage, particularly CVS/Caremark. CVS/Caremark knows this and takes advantage at every opportunity, like charging the $25 co-pay when the script retails for 5 bucks. They suk. Some of us don’t have an option when filling maintenance scripts. You might bear that in mind before chastising folks just trying to get by with a pharmacy they are forced to use because of cost.

I’m always shopping pharmacies, you want to put you money where your mouth is? PM me a phone number to one of your stores and I’ll give you a shot at filling my mail order maintenance scripts, I have 5. If you can do it at a reasonable cost, either cash or with my insurance, and fill them 90 days at a time and mail them, I’ll give you my business.

Last edited:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use independent pharmacies. Haven’t noticed a price difference. Have noticed a service difference and they are much faster.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use independent pharmacies. Haven’t noticed a price difference. Have noticed a service difference and they are much faster.

So do I for 1 time prescriptions. Antibiotics, steroids, opioids, etc when I’m sick or post surgery.

Are you using them for mail order or 90 day maintenance scripts? Because my insurance will not cover them, either at all or at an increased rate and a lower pill count.

For the one time fills (sick/surgery) often times the locals are cheaper because of what I said before about (CVS in particular) pharmacies charging the $25 copay when the script would retail for $5. That **** should be illegal.

I’ve shopped my scripts around to several different locals, because of the incredibly bad service at CVS, but nobody yet has been able to help. Again, I’ll give the resident pharmacist a shot because I’d love to be able to change.

Edit to add - agree on service. The guys at Apex and at my local compounder are just fantastic to deal with. That’s why I’ve tried to change, multiple times.

Last edited:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So do I for 1 time prescriptions. Antibiotics, steroids, opioids, etc when I’m sick or post surgery.

Are you using them for mail order or 90 day maintenance scripts? Because my insurance will not cover them, either at all or at an increased rate and a lower pill count.

For the one time fills (sick/surgery) often times the locals are cheaper because of what I said before about (CVS in particular) pharmacies charging the $25 copay when the script would retail for $5. That **** should be illegal.

I’ve shopped my scripts around to several different locals, because of the incredibly bad service at CVS, but nobody yet has been able to help. Again, I’ll give the resident pharmacist a shot because I’d love to be able to change.
Only prescription I have can only be filled 30 days at a time. Never have had any 90 day scripts in my life.

My pharmacy would tell me if there was a better place. Miller drug is awesome. I pay 7 bucks for my generic.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only prescription I have can only be filled 30 days at a time. Never have had any 90 day scripts in my life.

My pharmacy would tell me if there was a better place. Miller drug is awesome. I pay 7 bucks for my generic.

It’s an all together different deal for folks with multiple maintenance scripts. We’re more or less forced to use what our insurance will allow, and if you have CVS/Caremark prescription insurance they’re going to force you to use CVS/Caremark. It’s a racket, and it should be different, but it isn’t.

Latest posts

Top Bottom