Predator calling seminar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scot,

You and Travis did an outstanding job at Bass Pro last night. I was impressed with everything you both shared about our prey and your experiences. I learned more than I ever thought I would and will certainly utilize it

I've yet to call in a bobcat (as far as I know-ha) even though my stands were always 30 minutes instead of 15 minutes. When the cat season opens this year I'll be hunting harder & smarter thanks to your tips.

Thanks again for taking the time and trouble to put this all together and make such a wonderful presentation of your knowledge & skills.

Sincerely,

Alan C.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was the seminar room full? I went to the seminar in late January and it was standing room only for some. I have to agree with Alan 100%. Scott and Travis do a wonderful job presenting Bobcat and Coyote hunting.

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was the seminar room full? I went to the seminar in late January and it was standing room only for some. I have to agree with Alan 100%. Scott and Travis do a wonderful job presenting Bobcat and Coyote hunting.

Not sure how many were there, it was a pretty good size crowd but there was still room for more. Something funny thing happened when Scott was saying he was ready to leave a bobcat stand after 15 minutes of calling. Although most "experts" would say you need to call at least 30 minutes, Scott disagreed & made his case why you shouldn't have to wait that long. Someone asked him later if he had ever called a mountain lion in and he responded that he hadn't although he had been in numerous locations where they were located.

I responded that maybe if he would have stayed 30 minutes instead of his maximum 15 minutes that he would have called one of them in, ha. Anyway we all had a good laugh about it. But like he said based on their range they may be several miles away when you call and would never hear you. His suggestion was if they like that area then they will be back sooner or later, so keep coming back till they are there.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I went to the January seminar, Scott and Travis did an outstanding job of explaining their styles of calling predators without a bunch of arrogant attitude. They freely spoke about their methods of predator hunting and what has worked for them. I especially liked when they went over the list of "myths" commonly told about predator calling. I appreciate that Scott and Travis are willing to share their experience for free.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really glad you all liked it! Remember that never and always don't apply when it comes to predator calling. My way is not always the best or the right way for everyone, but it works for me. I'm just trying to help people what took me years to figure out, the hard way.

I'm sitting in a motel in San Antonio as I write this. Starting tomorrow afternoon there are some coyotes and bobcats that will be in grave danger. You all have a great week and who knows, maybe I will finally call in that lion!

Scott

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't believe I missed this, I didn't even notice the thread until today! I've been to one of Scott's seminars before and they are very informative. Wish I could have made this one, I need a refresher.

Latest posts

Top Bottom