Profanity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User67828

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO most people use profanity because they are borderline retarded and have no respect for others. With that said, I curse a LOT in some situations. Back in 2005 prior to joining the Army I rarely cursed, but it didn't take long to pick it up like a second language. You don't even realize you're doing it; It's just like living in El Paso and ordering dinner in Spanish, even though you can't speak a single proper sentence in Spanish. Regardless of how much a person curses, I only look down upon them when they lack the ability to censor themselves. If someone curses like a sailor in public or in front of elderly or children, then I will instantly harbor a deep disdain for them.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the passed 25 years I've uttered less then 12 curse words. 8 times it was because I had to repeat a conversation verbatim. The other 4 were my bad. It's just like anything you train to do. Self discipline.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to swear but around 1963 when I hit my head on my car bumper while doing repairs I decided I was going to be in control and haven't really sworn since. It helps to work around others who don't use profanity also. Rarely do I hear folks in the medical profession use profanity so maybe an education helps? Beats me, I realized I wasn't going to let profanity control me so I changed. Self-discipline like the guy says...

Latest posts

Top Bottom