Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunterken

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey me and my buddies are looking at hunting Oklahoma next season. We are looking at some land in creek and lincoln counties was wondering if anyone hunts around there and how the hunting is?

Thanks
Ken

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum as Dennis said. Over Christmas holiday I found the Fall (Big Game issue) edition on Outdoor Oklahoma at my house. I was looking over the numbers of deer harvested by county. To my surprise Creek county had more than I expected. It seems like they were in the top 5 ... top 10 for sure.

I've never hunted in Lincoln County ... hold on not true ... anyway, I'd guess they are middle of the road as far as harvest numbers go. Neither county would I expect the deer to be in the 200 lb class. I bet 150 lb is huge for both counties.

Both counties lie in the Cross Timbers. Thick, scrub forest of trees. You won't be able to see far if you are in the woods. That isn't to say some of the land hasn't been partially cleared. Lots of acorns, gentle hills. I would imagine you would have pretty good success. If I didn't have land to hunt on in North-Central OK, then I'd be hitting up some acquantiances in Creek County.

Good luck!
Dreaming Man

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum as Dennis said. Over Christmas holiday I found the Fall (Big Game issue) edition on Outdoor Oklahoma at my house. I was looking over the numbers of deer harvested by county. To my surprise Creek county had more than I expected. It seems like they were in the top 5 ... top 10 for sure.

I've never hunted in Lincoln County ... hold on not true ... anyway, I'd guess they are middle of the road as far as harvest numbers go. Neither county would I expect the deer to be in the 200 lb class. I bet 150 lb is huge for both counties.

Both counties lie in the Cross Timbers. Thick, scrub forest of trees. You won't be able to see far if you are in the woods. That isn't to say some of the land hasn't been partially cleared. Lots of acorns, gentle hills. I would imagine you would have pretty good success. If I didn't have land to hunt on in North-Central OK, then I'd be hitting up some acquantiances in Creek County.

Good luck!
Dreaming Man

Having grown up in Lincoln County I would say that a 150 lb deer is a nice buck, but not necessarily a monster in terms of weight. I know of family and friends that have harvested deer in the 190lb+ range, within Lincoln County. I have a picture on my phone of a buck harvested in Lincoln County this year that had a green score of, I believe, 213 inches (no idea what it's weight was but at 7.5 years old I would assume it was around the 200 mark).

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Terrible hunting in Lincoln county....! You don't want to go to Lincoln county,..you want to go up North to Kay or Osage county for the really big deer.

hunterken

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
870 wingblaster we are trying to find a hunting lease. Not to particular about what we shoot we just love to hunt. Thanks for the comment deerwhacker but since we will be driving from texas about 4 hrs is all we want to drive. I think Kay and Osage counties are to far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom