Really hoping someone here can help. Need to find a new home for our dog :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a german shepherd but it was too much dog for us and our small yard, so we settled in last summer on going to the animal shelter to rescue a smaller dog. We picked this guy, a solid black Boston Terrier mix and he's been with us ever since. For the past two years we have had a nanny that would come to the house and take care of the kids and our dog, Ace, but we lost her and we have had two very unsuccessful attempts to replace her. Long story short, we have decided to send our kids to The Primrose School to be cared for and now Ace is home from 630am-630pm and is not handling it well. As much as we hate to, we have decided it is best for us to try and find him another home where he can be a mostly indoor dog and have company (either people or other dogs). As I mentioned, Ace is a male boston terrier mix, he's about 15 pounds and should not get much bigger. He is very friendly, has never been aggressive towards our kids age 2 and 6, and has never been aggerssive towards other animals. He's probably about 10 months old, so he still gets excited and a little hyper when he meets someone new or comes in the house after being outside for a long time, but most of the time he's curled up next to the kids on the couch. When he's not sleeping in his own bed, he sleeps in my daughters bed curled up right next to her. He has all of his shots and since he's from animal shelter he was neutered when we got him. He is house broken and he knows the commands sit, drop, go outside, and down. He loves to play fetch, loves to run and loves kids. He VERY RARELY barks, unless he's left outside for several hours, when he wants back in the house and he does not shed very much at all. I am not wanting to get any money for Ace, I am just hoping that a fellow OSA member will take him since I know the quality of people here are overall much better than blindly posting him on Craigslist. I have his paperwork, shot records, a crate, collar, leash, fancy dog bed, dog food and a bark control collar (which we have had to use twice since we've owned him) that I will gladly give to anyone willing to take care of our buddy. Its not fair to him to have to be home alone for 12 hours a day and I want to get him into a new place before he develops any bad habits or separation anxiety. He has been a mostly inside dog since we've owned him and I would like to see him go to a similar living situation. Please let me know if you can help, I really do not want to risk putting him on Craigslist. Thank you!

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the crate and we used it to potty train him, but i don't want to keep him in a crate for 12 hours a day.

I also should add that he is good on a leash and is also the best dog i've ever had for riding in the car. He stays put and sits/lays down in the seat whether its in the front passenger seat around town or in his bed in the back seat for a 3 hour drive to Dallas.

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I wasn't working all the time, I'd take him in a second. As it is, my friend's parents are retired and their pooch died a while back. I'm trying to find out if they'd be interested. They kept their pup for like 15 years or something like that. They're good folks and Jeff's mom has been trying to find a puppy, lately. I'll see what I can find out.

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice looking dog. You could get him a real big crate, or leave him outside with the bark collar? My wife wants to get rid of our dog, too. I'm still fighting it.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what is so great about this forum. Only took one day and another member volunteered to take Ace off our hands. Everything went well at the meeting and hopefully he is playing with his new family as we speak. Thanks OSA, it means a lot to know he's with someone from this community instead of a random person from Craigslist.

Latest posts

Top Bottom