1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Realtor advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seansworth, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Usually, unless the property throws up a red flag along the process as far as ownership, you are purchasing title insurance because it is really not necessary anymore.

2. RustedBeef

RustedBeef Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Whoever you choose, make sure to ask them questions about their experience in buying homes wherever you choose to live. If they seem inexperienced I don't think you'd want em.

Go with someone who's been in the game a while, has a bunch of recent purchases, is local to the area, and has a history of good negotiation skills.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

3. Seansworth

Seansworth Sharpshooter

Thank you all for the responses. The wife and I have discussed not using a realtor. We may go that route, but neither of us knows a thing about real estate and we are looking to buy in an area neither of us grew up in. My sister and her husband are teachers and have contacts in nearly every school district west of I35. They're asking around to see what school districts would be best (kids are in the plan for the near future). Once we hear back from her and get a pre-qualification letter we'll sit down and seriously look at realtors/going alone.