Republicans are getting it done!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somebody’s a half empty glass person. There is no person that anyone of us agrees with 100% and it’s the same with politicians. Politicians in general are manipulators. That’s how they get things done. The difference is integrity, which a good portion lack. And I doubt one Democrat has.
People that know me wouldn’t make that assessment, but when it comes to politics and politicians, my glass is completely empty.
I don’t know how anyone that watched how the democrats AND supposed republicans treated President Trump and the blatant cheating in 2020 can have any other outlook. Maybe you haven’t figured it out, but voting isn’t working or maybe it’s just that this country now has a majority of mouth breathing morons. Either way, we’re screwed.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People that know me wouldn’t make that assessment, but when it comes to politics and politicians, my glass is completely empty.
I don’t know how anyone that watched how the democrats AND supposed republicans treated President Trump and the blatant cheating in 2020 can have any other outlook. Maybe you haven’t figured it out, but voting isn’t working or maybe it’s just that this country now has a majority of mouth breathing morons. Either way, we’re screwed.
Unfortunately accurate.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

A handful of republicans in congress were "never Trumpers", that's for certain. But not all. Many of them gladly took his endorsement this time around.

Doesn't change the fact that republicans and democrats are not the same. I've already given numerous examples of that.

A bigger problem is republican/conservative voters expect perfection from an ideal candidate. And they'll never get that because it's not realistic. Many, many republican voters (and non-voting republicans) are just as big of a problem as some republican politicians. They have a really bad habit of making "perfection" the enemy of "good enough".

Would you rather see democrats still in control of the house? I wouldn't. I don't care that they won't get much done since the democrats in the senate can block anything the house wants to do...or Biden can veto it. But as far as I'm concerned they're starting out with a bang and, surprisingly enough, many (including McCarthy) seem to have finally found something resembling a backbone.

You obviously have a very low opinion of politicians and there's nothing wrong with that. Many of them deserve it. But like it or not there's a system that politicians have to work within and it's just not as simple as wanting something done. They have to play the game. Taking back the house is a start. Pissing and moaning about how republicans and democrats are all the same doesn't do anyone any good and it simply isn't true. Anyone who looks objectively at the actions of the two parties will easily come to that conclusion. People who just want to b**ch won't. It's lazy and convenient to say that, though, so many will take that easy way out to express their frustrations.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I would argue that the OP's title is slightly misleading. Not through the OP's fault, but because that assumes that all Republicans are the same. "America First Republicans are getting it done!" would be more appropriate. The RINOs playing are getting participation trophies at best. I am pleasantly surprised at McCarthy throwing down like he is. Bravo! (golf clap)
About the only area in which I see the parties are the same is in spending money we don't have.
And the RINO support of China or anything that would put this country in jeopardy for a buck.
Left wing right wing, if you had cancer, would you leave it there or would you cut it out? Because the left wing is a cancer.
The right wing (Especially RINOs) is the other side of the Uniparty. They are a worse cancer. At least you know where the dems are coming from and can see it a mile away.
The dems F you and tell you to like it and smile, but the RINOs F you and say the dems are doing it and instead of a reach around, they steal your wallet and keys too.
You think CocaineMitch GAF about you? Nah, he's busy with his chicom wife taking $$ from the CCP and supporting Bo Jiden. Bet they pedo together.
What's Lindsay Grahamnesty doing? Getting us in WW3 and simultaneously kissing Trumpo's ass because he knows he's done if Trump ever gets back in. He's playing both sides like a true RINO. The list goes on and on. Gutless turds.
Don't ever think a Republican has your back, coz he probably doesn't, unless of course you give him some money and your Grindr ID.

Last edited:

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A handful of republicans in congress were "never Trumpers", that's for certain. But not all. Many of them gladly took his endorsement this time around.

Doesn't change the fact that republicans and democrats are not the same. I've already given numerous examples of that.

A bigger problem is republican/conservative voters expect perfection from an ideal candidate. And they'll never get that because it's not realistic. Many, many republican voters (and non-voting republicans) are just as big of a problem as some republican politicians. They have a really bad habit of making "perfection" the enemy of "good enough".

Would you rather see democrats still in control of the house? I wouldn't. I don't care that they won't get much done since the democrats in the senate can block anything the house wants to do...or Biden can veto it. But as far as I'm concerned they're starting out with a bang and, surprisingly enough, many (including McCarthy) seem to have finally found something resembling a backbone.

You obviously have a very low opinion of politicians and there's nothing wrong with that. Many of them deserve it. But like it or not there's a system that politicians have to work within and it's just not as simple as wanting something done. They have to play the game. Taking back the house is a start. Pissing and moaning about how republicans and democrats are all the same doesn't do anyone any good and it simply isn't true. Anyone who looks objectively at the actions of the two parties will easily come to that conclusion. People who just want to b**ch won't. It's lazy and convenient to say that, though, so many will take that easy way out to express their frustrations.
Supporting the Republicans for decades didn't do any good, either. That dog won't hunt! I vote issues now. 2nd Amendment is First, AFAIAC. I'm not seeing many Democrats voting for the 2nd Amendment. If I do, and the rest of their personal platform isn't too bad, I'd vote for them. Republicans who vote for 2nd Amendment also get my support, if, as for the Democrats, they walk the walk as well as talk the talk. I'm registered as a Libertarian, since my leanings are that way, but I'm not seeing them come up with any reasonable candidates, lately, either. May have to re-register as a Democrat so I can vote against the real slimeballs.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Some still will have a hard time understanding. No matter what you say. It is sad

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Supporting the Republicans for decades didn't do any good, either. That dog won't hunt! I vote issues now. 2nd Amendment is First, AFAIAC. I'm not seeing many Democrats voting for the 2nd Amendment. If I do, and the rest of their personal platform isn't too bad, I'd vote for them. Republicans who vote for 2nd Amendment also get my support, if, as for the Democrats, they walk the walk as well as talk the talk. I'm registered as a Libertarian, since my leanings are that way, but I'm not seeing them come up with any reasonable candidates, lately, either. May have to re-register as a Democrat so I can vote against the real slimeballs.
Everybody should be voting the issues but many people want to claim they are all the same so they can sit back and whine, and do nothing to help the problem. I vote the issues and the candidate's history, never what they say. Many talk a good game but do nothing. Right now Republicans in the house are investigating Biden and Hunter's ties to China, Ukraine, etc.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everybody should be voting the issues but many people want to claim they are all the same so they can sit back and whine, and do nothing to help the problem. I vote the issues and the candidate's history, never what they say. Many talk a good game but do nothing. Right now Republicans in the house are investigating Biden and Hunter's ties to China, Ukraine, etc.
And if they can actually do anything about the folks that are and have been way out of line, I'll be impressed. Until and unless, color me skeptical.

Latest posts

Top Bottom