Robber shot dead in bricktown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teslawasframed

Night Watchman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm... I would doubt that many "homeless" people could afford a firearm (not even a cheap one on the Black Market)...
Many homeless get pieces by committing vehicle burglaries. Lots of idiots leave guns in their vehicles, unsecured or secured very sloppily.

I've taken a shocking amount of reports for guns stolen from vehicles over the last year. Latest one was for a Desert Eagle 50 AE, FN P90, and a S&W 50 snubbie...plus approx 200 rds of primo defensive ammo. Guy was drunk and left his truck door wide open in his driveway.

Guy before that lost a Ruger 357 and a suppressed American in 300 Blackout, plus 1k rounds of subsonic ammo. Left it in his truck after a night of hunting hogs.

Last arrest involving a stolen gun was a homeless dude with a brand spanking new Hellcat, with RDS and 3 spare mags. Took it out of a truck two towns up the highway.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sure like to hear the details of how the victim got his gun into play after being confronted by someone armed.
Well we all know that a criminal is usually not the sharpest knife in the drawer, so I'm betting when he pulled his unloaded weapon, it was answered with a loaded one. Sucks to be him 😄

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here in T-Town. A few years ago you would see some downtown and a few in other places. We had a lady that stayed somewhere around e 71st st and S Elm pl. Nowdays though? Almost every single over pass has a homeless encampment. N Denver ave and W Archer looks like a scene from L.A., and it feels like our homeless population has exploded. I called the police last week to do a welfare check on a guy that was laying the grass just down the road from my wife's work. All his stuff was spread out, he had his legs in the street, it almost looked like someone clocked him and rifled through his stuff.
And?

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully, if anything "good" can come of a situation like this one, it will discourage or at least make other robbers think twice about before they decide to attempt a similar crime.
Yes, if this type of outcome happens enough, who knows, Bricktown might even become safe again at night. Provided the DA doesn't wimp out and play liberal games, that is.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That can be surprising. While I'm sure that many couldn't afford one, we were working in Austin, TX earlier this year and saw an awful lot of homeless there. Many had very expensive bicycles, and we even saw an encampment or two where there were cars and motorcycles parked in front of their shelters.
Being 'homeless' does not always mean being jobless . . . or strung out on drugs, or an alcoholic, or with debilitating mental health issues. In today's society in America (United States) many 'homeless' people do have cars (Rubber Tramps) but are unable to afford expenses like rent and utilities.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, if this type of outcome happens enough, who knows, Bricktown might even become safe again at night. Provided the DA doesn't wimp out and play liberal games, that is.
I wouldn't have even given that thought merit a few years ago but now that is a serious contemplation, which sucks for the victim. Even if the DA doesn't have a leg to stand on in a trial, just the indictment alone would be enough to hurt a person's reputation, regardless of the outcome.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And nothing. I was agreeing with bigfug that the homelessness here in Oklahoma is increasing. Not sure if they are native of OK, or if they came up when SE Texas got hit with the hurricane and never left. Either way, the homeless population in OK has increased significantly.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't have even given that thought merit a few years ago but now that is a serious contemplation, which sucks for the victim. Even if the DA doesn't have a leg to stand on in a trial, just the indictment alone would be enough to hurt a person's reputation, regardless of the outcome.

Yep, that is why I have carry insurance. Never know what DA is gonna signal virtue and pull a Rittenhouse.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, that is why I have carry insurance. Never know what DA is gonna signal virtue and pull a Rittenhouse.
I will say if the DA decided to try and grandstand this, as soon as the initial Indictment was thrown out and the cased was closed. I would turn around and sue the DA's office for mental stress/pain and suffering, and defamation of character if they publicized the indictment.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
And nothing. I was agreeing with bigfug that the homelessness here in Oklahoma is increasing. Not sure if they are native of OK, or if they came up when SE Texas got hit with the hurricane and never left. Either way, the homeless population in OK has increased significantly.
OKC demographics and homeless population changed drastically after Katrina and other storms hit that area. I still remember seeing the busses coming in late at night.

Latest posts

Top Bottom