Robber shot dead in bricktown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That can be surprising. While I'm sure that many couldn't afford one, we were working in Austin, TX earlier this year and saw an awful lot of homeless there. Many had very expensive bicycles, and we even saw an encampment or two where there were cars and motorcycles parked in front of their shelters.
20210824_143416.jpg

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And nothing. I was agreeing with bigfug that the homelessness here in Oklahoma is increasing. Not sure if they are native of OK, or if they came up when SE Texas got hit with the hurricane and never left. Either way, the homeless population in OK has increased significantly.
No, my "And?" was in reference to the guy all laid out that you alerted the cops about. any word on what that was all about?

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will say if the DA decided to try and grandstand this, as soon as the initial Indictment was thrown out and the cased was closed. I would turn around and sue the DA's office for mental stress/pain and suffering, and defamation of character if they publicized the indictment.
Thrown out or not, just the idea of an indictment being issued for what appears to be a justified shooting is enough to send chills down my back :freezing:

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will say if the DA decided to try and grandstand this, as soon as the initial Indictment was thrown out and the cased was closed. I would turn around and sue the DA's office for mental stress/pain and suffering, and defamation of character if they publicized the indictment.
If I remember right DAs have absolute immunity for the charges they file.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I remember right DAs have absolute immunity for the charges they file.
While not easy you can sue a DAs office for a malicious prosecution, or similar type of lawsuit. I should've clarified, the defamation of character lawsuit would actually be brought against the city itself as they (their employees) would have been the ones that disclosed your name to the press once the charges were filed. Neither would be an easy task though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom