Robber shot dead in bricktown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am somewhat familiar with that area, seems to be allot of homeless street people in that part of Bricktown. Will be interesting to learn the details.

Lot of homeless people in all parts of the city now. 240 area and around Penn square are horrid, as is SW 3rd and Meridian/Macarthur area. Hell, I live around the airport, nothing but my neighborhood and farmland and I see them on one lane country roads.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am somewhat familiar with that area, seems to be allot of homeless street people in that part of Bricktown. Will be interesting to learn the details.
Hmmm... I would doubt that many "homeless" people could afford a firearm (not even a cheap one on the Black Market)...

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the post from FB.

Attachments

• D0D577C6-37BD-4CD2-906D-115F54D6CF80.png
    D0D577C6-37BD-4CD2-906D-115F54D6CF80.png
    144.1 KB · Views: 151

Kenneth Braud

Marksman
Reaction score
So far I like the way it is being handled and the news is reporting it. No 'assumptions' by reporters and no leaked or 'official' reports from law enforcement until they have all of the facts...
This is a great learning experience for all concealed carriers and those wanting to carry. The repercussions for discharging your weapon and killing someone, legal or otherwise, will involve you in an extensive investigation and surely some legal costs... so much for enjoying the evening, but it is better than being shot and possibly killed. My hat is off to the gentleman and his wife for following the laws.
If it was me I'd prefer anonymity, but it won't be possible with the open laws for these situations and the public's right to know. So then, he should at least be commended on his actions and the public should be reminded, the thief valued another person's valuables more than his own life or the lives of those he intended to hurt with his weapon... These places are in my backyard practically, so I'm more concerned as things move forward...

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm... I would doubt that many "homeless" people could afford a firearm (not even a cheap one on the Black Market)...

That can be surprising. While I'm sure that many couldn't afford one, we were working in Austin, TX earlier this year and saw an awful lot of homeless there. Many had very expensive bicycles, and we even saw an encampment or two where there were cars and motorcycles parked in front of their shelters.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lot of homeless people in all parts of the city now. 240 area and around Penn square are horrid, as is SW 3rd and Meridian/Macarthur area. Hell, I live around the airport, nothing but my neighborhood and farmland and I see them on one lane country roads.
Same here in T-Town. A few years ago you would see some downtown and a few in other places. We had a lady that stayed somewhere around e 71st st and S Elm pl. Nowdays though? Almost every single over pass has a homeless encampment. N Denver ave and W Archer looks like a scene from L.A., and it feels like our homeless population has exploded. I called the police last week to do a welfare check on a guy that was laying the grass just down the road from my wife's work. All his stuff was spread out, he had his legs in the street, it almost looked like someone clocked him and rifled through his stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom