Safariland QLS Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was reading up on the QLS stuff and found there are two receivers. I'm trying to determine what the "extra locking feature" is on the QLS 22L vs. the QLS 22. I've only seen everyone reference this feature, but no description of what it is and how it functions. Does anybody have any insight? Thanks.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The "extra locking feature" on the QLS 22L receiving plate are two small nubs at the bottom of the plate. To release the holster from the plate, you squeeze the forks of the QLS 19 pressing up and over the two nubs and then pull upward to release it instead of just squeezing and pulling up.

Does that make sense?

It's not as easy as the QLS 22 but then again, it's not supossed to be.

I've found that the plain ol' QLS 22 locks in with the QLS 19 nice and secure and works just fine as is. I figure if an assailant has you down and has figured out how to release the QLS 22 from the QLS 19, the nubs on the QLS 22L probably won't help much and your bad day just got worse.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The QLS is an awesome invention indeed. I use to have one on my duty rig. It keeps your draw the same since you are using the same holster on and off duty. Mine was the regular QLS22 without the extra locking feature and I didn't feel less equipped or vulnerable in the least. :disappoin

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. How much extra does it stick out? I was planning on using one with my 6285 and it sticks out pretty far already.

Assuming you are using it with the UBL, it's gonna stand out pretty far. With the 567BL, It sticks out about as far as yours does now on the UBL, only up higher on the belt line.

Latest posts

Top Bottom