Save your pee pee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Poor folks have poor ways and sometimes ignorant ways. (ignorant ways means unknowing, not stupid or dumb.)
I wonder how many po' folks on OSA has shoveled human waste for a garden? I'm sure I'm not the only one. Admit that you did, no one will know who you are anyway.
"Night soil" is used by several cultures, but you have to be acclimated to it or it can make you really sick. IIRC, the Koreans are a notable group that used human waste as fertilizer--eating the local produce was a good way for GIs to get sick during the Korean War. Andy Weir actually covers this in The Martian when the main character is figuring out how to grow potatoes in sterile soil...

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pee is HIGH nitrogen so you do not want it on the foliage. The supply chain assures that folks growing stuff WILL be considering pee recipes in the not too distant times. Believe it or not.

We now know that the globalist genocidal war against humanity is a multi-vectored assault on every system that sustains human life: Biology, energy, economics, freedom, self-ownership of your body and so on. Now, we have new information that reveals the food scarcity attack vector is targeting the fertilizer supply chain in order to unleash massive crop failures in 2022.

An article in Free West Media sounds the alarm on this situation, entitled, “Fertilizer shortages could become the death knell for global food production.” (Free West Media has been added to our index of news sites at Censored.news, so you’ll find there clickable headlines there from now on.)

The article documents the astonishing number of freight train accidents involving fertilizer-carrying trains: (emphasis ours)

Around the world, everything from factories have been destroyed in explosions to trains loaded with fertilizer derailed. In some cases, sabotage is suspected.

An example of devastating accidents occurred in the US state of Iowa on May 16 earlier this year. A freight train transporting fertilizer in no less than 47 wagons then derailed and several of the wagons also started to burn. Less than a day before, another freight train with 28 carriages derailed in Minnesota. It carried, among other things, hydrochloric acid, which is an important ingredient for fertilizer.

These are just two of the unusually high number of accidents that have affected manufacturers and transports of fertilizers in the past year. An American train driver with over 30 years of experience commented that “we have more derailments with fertilizer trains this year than during my entire professional time”.

CF Industries is the primary agricultural fertilizer producer in North America and one of the largest in the world​

To understand where food comes from, you need to know about CF Industries. With over 3,000 employees and over $4 billion in annual revenue, CF Industries has dozens of distribution terminals in North America (including Canada), and two locations in the UK:

Tinfoil ??
Nahhh, somebody peed on the tracks.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Night soil" is used by several cultures, but you have to be acclimated to it or it can make you really sick. IIRC, the Koreans are a notable group that used human waste as fertilizer--eating the local produce was a good way for GIs to get sick during the Korean War. Andy Weir actually covers this in The Martian when the main character is figuring out how to grow potatoes in sterile soil...
A guy in Kansas actually used his for the lawn. He had corn and tomato plants volunteer in his yard.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A guy in Kansas actually used his for the lawn. He had corn and tomato plants volunteer in his yard.
Not surprised. We used manure from a neighbor's horse barn on our garden one year and had several surprise corn plants. Actually got a few ears off of 'em. :D

I think the main problem with human waste as fertilizer, is that it's generally not allowed to dry out long enough to kill varmints like E. Coli and such.
:drunk2:
___

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly. I spent a year in Korea at an isolated duty station. The local villages had a community honey pot. When enough was accumulated, one or more of the villagers would put a couple buckets on his shoulders and jog down the road to the rice fields where it was spread as fertilizer?
Another example is actually in the US. A lot of sanitary waste facilities process the waste left over that won't dissolve, treat it and put it on fields to be used as fertilizer.
Chicken farmers putting the waste on the farm lands in Arkansas that ended up in the Illinois river and Tenkiller lake have pretty much ruined that lake for scuba diving. Used to be clear. Now it's swimming through a green cloud. Drew Edmondson in 2005 filed lawsuit and became almost famous for it. Ran for Governor twice and failed though.
There were some court rulings on minor issues, but don't remember if it has ever been settled?

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it Safe to Compost Human Waste? In the home garden, composted human waste is considered to be unsafe for use around vegetables, berries, fruit trees or other edible plants. Although human waste is rich in plant-healthy nutrients, it also contains viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens that are not effectively removed by standard home composting processes. Although managing human waste at home is generally not sensible or responsible, large-scale composting facilities have the technology to process the waste at extremely high temperatures for extended lengths of time. The resulting product is heavily regulated and frequently tested by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to ensure bacteria and pathogens are below detectable levels. The highly processed sewage sludge, generally known as biosolid waste, is often used for agricultural applications, where it improves soil quality and reduces dependence on chemical fertilizers. However, stringent record-keeping and reporting are required. In spite of the high-tech, closely monitored process, some environmental groups are concerned that the material may contaminate soil and crops.

Read more at Gardening Know How: Composting Human Waste: Using Human Waste As Compost StackPath

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another example is actually in the US. A lot of sanitary waste facilities process the waste left over that won't dissolve, treat it and put it on fields to be used as fertilizer.
I've used Milorganite on my lawn. The way they tell it is that they put a few billion "bugs" of some sort like a bacteria/ameba/protozoa type thing in the waste ponds and those bugs eat up all the waste and when it's all gone they die. They then process out the dead "bugs" and that's the fertilizer. All I know is it works dang good.
Chicken farmers putting the waste on the farm lands in Arkansas that ended up in the Illinois river and Tenkiller lake have pretty much ruined that lake for scuba diving. Used to be clear. Now it's swimming through a green cloud. Drew Edmondson in 2005 filed lawsuit and became almost famous for it. Ran for Governor twice and failed though.
There were some court rulings on minor issues, but don't remember if it has ever been settled?
Pretty sure Edmonson won that case even though, as far as I ever heard, no companies were in actual violation of state or federal rules. It was just a money grab. The companies offered to help by agreeing to increased standards and some of them already had even done more than required. He snubbed them and then proceeded extort them in the courts.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've used Milorganite on my lawn. The way they tell it is that they put a few billion "bugs" of some sort like a bacteria/ameba/protozoa type thing in the waste ponds and those bugs eat up all the waste and when it's all gone they die. They then process out the dead "bugs" and that's the fertilizer. All I know is it works dang good.

Pretty sure Edmonson won that case even though, as far as I ever heard, no companies were in actual violation of state or federal rules. It was just a money grab. The companies offered to help by agreeing to increased standards and some of them already had even done more than required. He snubbed them and then proceeded extort them in the courts.
Tenkiller is still a green bloom of algae. One can scuba around 20’ to get below some of below the thermocline but the waste has ruined Tenkiller for divers.
it used to be a destination for fresh water divers. Pretty much locals only now and danged few of those.
The courts may have ruled against Edmonston but it was because of ineffective prosecution on his part with not using the evidence/science at his disposal nor the actual results as seen by those that actually use those waters.
Unfortunatly no politician that is looking for higher office uses the actual truth. Drew lost two attempts at the Governor’s office thank goodness.

Latest posts

Top Bottom