Saw my first open carry yesterday...Why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should have asked him his reason. Pulps answer is a good one. I choose not to open carry but dont care if people do. If I ever see it I'll be assessing the situation to know if I want to be there or not.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in the "never open carry" crowd until I started carrying at the gun shop and figured out that OWB is so much more comfy than IWB. I even ordered a Serpa for my J frame.

AKJ20

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Step one - concealed carry

Step two - open carry

Step three - Constitutional Carry

I open carry everywhere, i can .As gun owner we NEED to show the public that guns are not evil.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know some guys that even open carry there pocket knife.

Not me, I keep that case trapper tucked in my pocket just so I wont alarm the masses.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had a permit for about ten years, although I only occasionally carried. I now open carry (on occasion) because 1; my gun is not easily concealed, 2; sometimes I frequent places that I want the patrons to know I'm armed. (they can ponder whether they really want to hassle with an old armed guy vs an unarmed old guy)

If a thug is going to rob a place and doesn't intend to shoot the victims, he's gonna rethink if he sees OC guy/gal. The presence of the OCer, means the situation will probably get really loud, to say the least.

If as someone said earlier, the thug focuses on OCer, he was probably planning on shooting the place up, anyway.

FWIW - having to have a permit to OC, pretty well sums up what it is, you are permitted by the government to carry a pistol. I'll be happy when and if we may all excercise the right to carry without permission.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think the question the OP asked is better served in person, with the person of interest. Not on a gun forum if you seriously didn't expect people to ask why you care. The reasons for OC are endless and you are spending a lot of time of the "attention whore" aspect which would lead a few to believe you are making a personal attack on someone due to your beliefs about the law or the "popular belief" in exercising it.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the question the OP asked is better served in person, with the person of interest. Not on a gun forum if you seriously didn't expect people to ask why you care. The reasons for OC are endless and you are spending a lot of time of the "attention whore" aspect which would lead a few to believe you are making a personal attack on someone due to your beliefs about the law or the "popular belief" in exercising it.

Bingo!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom