Seeking Advice on Firearm Sales Throught the Classifieds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm positive that this has been discussed many times before, but I've paid scant attention to those discussions because I didn't have any intention of selling any firearms at the time. However, with the new acquisition of a full-frame SLR camera, I'm now in the grips of "lens lust" with the desire to upgrade my lenses. Between the wife and I, we have 4 handguns that we are considering selling to help finance at least one lens.

With the desire to make sure I do things right and safely, I come to you all for advice on how to insure that I avoid selling to someone that shouldn't be sold to and to do face to face meetings that are safe for both the seller and the buyer. Also, if anyone has some other good tips about the process, I would greatly appreciate any and all comments.

Thanks in advance.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I were concerned about it. I would post them for sale here in the classifieds. You have been on here long enough to know who seems trustworthy. There is nothing that says you have to sell to the first person that responds to the add. Just make sure you state that in the add that way there won't be any hard feelings.

Do business in a public area during the day if possible and take a friend with you. I have had good luck with everyone I have ever felt with on the board and have never felt unsafe. Good luck with your sale.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
post them in our classifieds here,deal with established members and check their feedback. you'll do fine. meet in well lite places

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have sold firearms on here and Armslist.

It probably would be better to sale them on here. I have met a lot of good people on here, buying and selling. Feedback is important.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would sell here, but explicitly state that new or poorly-established members will be scrutinized and may need to provide additional assurances.

I know there are several guys who require a bill of sale, or a copy of your ID or something like that when they sell. I don't buy from them, personally... when I see those kinds of stipulations, I just keep on looking, but it is their sale and their right to ask for whatever they want. I don't begrudge them, I just move along.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just make them meet you at a gun store to do back ground check an register in there name

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

There is no such thing as registration in this state, unless you're talking NFA items. Doing a background via a 4473 is a perfectly reasonable idea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom