Selling home any tips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As an ex realtor and someone who used to flip houses, pay attention to details. Anything that is left unfinished, finish it. It all depends on how the house shows. Staging is a very good method. Leave no clutter in closets or living space. People like to see open rooms. Also, there could be arguments between selling an empty house versus a furnished home. There are good and bad sides to both. Since you said you will be listing an empty house you are already on the right track, neutral colors help as very rarely will you find someone that has the same tastes in paint color, carpet, tile, etc. You cant go wrong with anything you do as far as updating in kitchens and bathrooms, unless you over spend to start with. If the house sits on the market for an extended period of time, put out a feed back sheet. I have also found that people who really like the house will come back and view it again. The more time any prospective buyer spends in the house the better. Be prepared for two main obstacles, heat and air, and roof. If these are old and need replacement it could be used as a bargaining tool. It also helps to have curb appeal. Look at the house and ask yourself what could spruce up the front? Maybe some color in the flower bed? Any peeling paint, anything that could turn off a buyer?
Good luck with the sale.

Super_soph198

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The house is 1510 sq ft 3 bed 2 bath master bath has jacuzzi tub and shower with dual sink. I have repainted interior and exterior. Roof heating and air are all inspected and in great shape. Only issue I have had at all in the house was a small ac leak which was a cheap fix from a professional company and a leak at the bathtub hot water knob which was a bad rubber seal once again cheap easy fix. Other than that o issues. Backyard has been landscaped and I build a French drain into the yard as well as stained the back porch cement to have a more natural look. House was built in 05 or 06 and is in a very nice addition in Moore called apple valley estates. Which has 2 ponds on the other side of street behind the houses from mine as well as a large splash pad in the neighborhood. I also had ground zero install their largest shelter at the time in the garage. Had 0 issues at last inspections and nothing has changed since. Interior is carpeted and walls are painted neutral colors in a tanish format. The house is on a corner lot which is still one of the largest lots in the area. Pm me for the address I guess I never realized one of you all might be interested.

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I listed our old home w/a realtor. In fact, the #1 agent in the town. 90 days went by and no sale. In the meantime I had rented a good camera, taken pics of the house & when the listing expired, posted a Craigslist ad. I sold the house the next day for the asking price. The sale hinged on paying the buyers closing costs but that turned out to be an amount less than the realtors commission would have been.
Not knocking the realtor profession but this sale which was handled by a title company was as easy as our previous home sales through real estate agents.

Latest posts

Top Bottom