Selling home any tips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super_soph198

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I've never sold my home and I am curious if any of you have any advice? I have a realtor and understand the costs as well as the market in Moore. We list the house next Monday and we are being very aggressive so we can sell the house quick. I have added a storm shelter better fencing, better alarm system, landscaping through Marcums, and painted the interior warm neutral colors. Maintenance wise there are no issues but I have even patched nail holes etc. we are offering a realtor bonus, pricing less than what I bought, etc. any other thing I should do? When the listing is up I can put a link on here.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you in the house still or is it empty?

Good Luck with the sale, my friend just sold his house and it took about 3-4 months.
I sold my first home right before the bubble popped, so it went quick. I probably don't have much to offer.

CODE_3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I've never sold my home and I am curious if any of you have any advice? I have a realtor and understand the costs as well as the market in Moore. We list the house next Monday and we are being very aggressive so we can sell the house quick. I have added a storm shelter better fencing, better alarm system, landscaping through Marcums, and painted the interior warm neutral colors. Maintenance wise there are no issues but I have even patched nail holes etc. we are offering a realtor bonus, pricing less than what I bought, etc. any other thing I should do? When the listing is up I can put a link on here.

You are doing a good job already.

jrguns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally with all the improvements I would not list it for less than you paid. In fact I would list it for a lot more but let it be known that you are a motivated seller and open to offers. Most people always offer lass than the asking price anyway. Have you had an apraisal? Also the selling points are move in ready, upgraded items and open for a cash or fast sell. Do not list it too cheap as you may not get any lookers and hold firm to a price you reall need.

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The improvements you added will make it more attractive in comparison to similar sized, aged, neighborhood etc. but in my experience you probably wont get much if any more $$$ than other houses in the same area with similar square footage.
Im a custom cabinetmaker / carpenter by trade and flip houses on the side. My wife has me put really nice kitchens and baths in the houses we flip and it chaps my a$$ to see them sell for about the same per sq ft as the average houses in the area. They sure sell fast though.
A good realtor makes a all the difference. The lady we use is very agressive and a go getter. Stay on the realtor to do virtual tours on the web, have open houses etc. , some of them just stick a sign in the yard and hope for the best.
Good luck

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally with all the improvements I would not list it for less than you paid. In fact I would list it for a lot more but let it be known that you are a motivated seller and open to offers. Most people always offer lass than the asking price anyway. Have you had an apraisal? Also the selling points are move in ready, upgraded items and open for a cash or fast sell. Do not list it too cheap as you may not get any lookers and hold firm to a price you reall need.

Absolutely list for more than you are willing to take. Expect some low ball offers and dont hesitate to counter offer somewhere close to asking price. I've had some stupid low offers only to counter offer and get asking price or close to it.

Super_soph198

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you all for the advice. I agree on the price my fear is that I'd rather lose 3 k in sale price compared to a larger amount due to holding firm and paying two mortgages

Latest posts

Top Bottom