Shooting gloves for winter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sed6

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm planning to compete on Sunday and the weather is supposed to be COLD. What does everyone use for shooting gloves?

I know I can take my gloves off at the last minute and then put them back on, is that what everyone does?

Ideally I'd like thin gloves that give me enough dexterity and grip to shoot and load mags. When not doing that I'll stuff my gloved hands in heavier gloves.

I'd like to find something locally since there's not enough time to order ones online.

Any and all ideas welcome. Thanks!

ETA: Gloves for shooting USPSA.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They actually make shooting gloves.

Look at these voodoo gloves, cheap IMO and look like they'd be warm enough for OK winter shooting. We aren't exactly out there shoveling snow. They look like you might be trying too hard to look "tactical" but they will work. Depends what you care about. Plus if people really laugh at you rest easy knowing if you punch them in the face you wont even feel it. Read some of the reviews on there. Order today with 2 day shipping option and they should be here in time with your total inc shipping under $40

CLICK ME TO SEE THE GLOVES

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
comfy work type gloves and some of those disposable handwarmers.

No one shoots with gloves at matches, no matter the temp.

J-leblanc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
under armour makes some good thin gloves that keep the heat in. their just black so they dont look too overkill tactical. And their like a rubber material so they help with grip a tad bit.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go for warm thick gloves and disposable hand warmers and extra pistol mags. You should remove every glove to shoot a pistol stage. You almost have to remove your gloves to help tape targets too. I use batting gloves, mechanix gloves, and ski gloves depending on the temp. They all go on and off a lot during a match.

No.343

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whatever gloves you have now will work. Learn to tape with your weak hand. Don't take the glove off your strong hand until its time to shoot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom