Simone Biles withdrawals from more events

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

billt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Are you trying to be this obtuse or does it come naturally? When was the last time you heard ANYTHING about gymnastics outside of olympic coverage?
Are you trying to be a professional A-Hole, or does it just come naturally for you? I'm talking about the Olympics. They have been around since 1896. There have been 29 Olympiads. Name me ONE competitor that has EVER quit because of "Twisties", besides Biles..... ONE. It has never even been mentioned.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you trying to be a professional A-Hole, or does it just come naturally for you? I'm talking about the Olympics. They have been around since 1896. There have been 29 Olympiads. Name me ONE competitor that has EVER quit because of "Twisties", besides Biles..... ONE. It has never even been mentioned.
Look back through Olympic media coverage of not only gymnastics but also figure skating and you will notice that there were times when a jump did not land quite right or [for gymnasts] a dismount from the beam looked a little like the athlete almost lost their balance for a second. These are episodes of so called 'twisties' [which was a term used by Biles] and refers to the athlete losing their orientation for a split second. This happens to ALL athletes, from ALL countries, and in ALL competitions. The media generally does not report specifically on these slip-ups because they are so common to these sports. The football equivalent could be called a "fumble", or in baseball, an "error".

As far as Biles making the decision to cease participating in the competition, Olympic or not, that IS her choice to make for whatever reason she chooses to make it. She is NOT the only Olympic athlete that has withdrawn from Olympic competition. And of course history has shown that even whole teams have withdrawn from Olympic competition, out of protest.

Olympics Judo-Algerian Nourine suspended, sent home for withdrawing to avoid Israeli

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Here is a better question, can you name me one other gymnast in the world who has said anything against Biles leaving competition? Huh, imagine that, none of them did. Know why? Because they are in the sport and know what she is going through. Same as me. Not the same as you. You are an armchair judge who knows nothing about the sport, how the sport is done, nor what it takes to be a gymnast. You, as I have said multiple times, speak from a pit of ignorance and yet claim I'm the bullshitter. Yep, sounds legit to me.

billt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Here is a better question, can you name me one other gymnast in the world who has said anything against Biles leaving competition?
No. That dog won't hunt smart ass. Don't try to run interference by dodging my question by asking another....... Name me ONE Olympic gymnast who quit because they said they got the, "twisties"..... Just ONE in 29 Olympiads dating back over 2 CENTURIES.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suppose for the same reason that not everyone gets vertigo, nor gets vertigo all the time or in all situations. People can do the same thing a hundred times but one time, for whatever reason, they get frightened to the point of having to step back, maybe even reevaluate their position. Not knowing if that decision to step back is the correct choice to make usually causes a lot of, indecision.
Or....she is just a quitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom