Simone Biles withdrawals from more events

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in no position to judge her, I'm not walking in her shoes right now so I can't.

The level she competes at, and the pressure of that is not something I have ever had to deal with, nor that fact that the Team "Doctor" molested her, and USA Gymnastics and the FBI looked the other way.

It's pretty easy for some of you to call her a quitter, and throw down some harsh criticism it seems.

Ehhhh it's the OSA way. 😉 Personally I think she IS the best gymnast the world has ever seen, the Olympic Committee or judges or whoever runs that stuff ****ed her over HARD, and instead of crawling in a hole and feeling sorry for herself she stepped back and stayed to support her teammates. Gymnastics is not onky an individual sport but also a team sport and those girls are thick as thieves. They will all be fine. Who cares about those damned medals when someone's helath (both mental and physical) is in danger? Not me. But then I AM the weirdo around here. Always have been.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No it's not, I have a friend who's son was on of of the OU championship teams.... per his comments....it's very real and well documented.

She can brag all she wants..... Tom Brady does..... Lebum does..... etc. She has won like what 20 gold medals for the U.S.? They literally changed the way they score her, she's so good. Many talk about quitting, then I'll scroll down and see how many around here have issues with weight or health. Some can't even follow through on a diet much less do anything near this level of competition.
It is real but it’s caused by a mental block. Like the yips in golf. At the world class level, it’s very hard to perform under intense pressure. Being mentally tough is part of being successful in competition. I don’t have a problem with her dropping out from caving to the pressure. She’s only human. I do have a problem with others, especially in the media, calling her “brave” for putting a focus on mental health. It used to be called choking.

billt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The possible danger of her being injured effecting her performance is a moot point, simply because it goes with the territory. You don't hear NASCAR or F1 guys complaining about the danger involved in their sport. And both Ryan Newman and Roman Grosjean came as close to dying as one could come in recent horrible wrecks. And you didn't hear a peep out of them. Both continue to race. Newman in NASCAR and Grosjean in Indy Car.

This woman has been here before, and she knows what's involved. From both a physical and mental aspect of this type of competition. The fact of the matter is she didn't perform well, her ego couldn't take it, and she QUIT. Pure and simple. Anything else is just a bunch of smoke filled, coffee house crap. And she's getting away with it because of this total B.S., "woke" culture, that won't criticize her because she's black.

She has a G.O.A.T. patch sewn on her uniform that she has worn in past performances. Perhaps she's upset because after this is all over with, she'll have to remove it. That's what happens when you possess a runaway ego, that can't keep up with reality. Frankly I'm sick and tired of hearing about her, and this whole dog and pony show she has spearheaded.

Last edited:

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The possible danger of her being injured effecting her performance is a moot point, simply because it goes with the territory. You don't hear NASCAR or F1 guys complaining about the danger involved in their sport. And both Ryan Newman and Roman Grosjean came as close to dying as one could come in recent horrible wrecks. And you didn't hear a peep out of them. Both continue to race. Newman in NASCAR and Grosjean in Indy Car.

This woman has been here before, and she knows what's involved. From both a physical and mental aspect of this type of competition. The fact of the matter is she didn't perform well, her ego couldn't take it, and she QUIT. Pure and simple. Anything else is just a bunch of smoke filled, coffee house crap. And she's getting away with it because of this total B.S., "woke" culture, that won't criticize her because she's black.

She has a G.O.A.T. patch sewn on her uniform that she has worn in past performances. Perhaps she's upset because after this is all over with, she'll have to remove it. That's what happens when you possess a runaway ego, that can't keep up with reality. Frankly I'm sick and tired of hearing about her, and this whole dog and pony show she has spearheaded.
First post I've ever liked. 😁

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like this response from Mike Rowe, I think it covers it. It acknowledges what some have said about her being praised, or even glorified for her decision, but also the decision too.

"I can’t speak for anyone but me, but from what I’ve read on the matter, those most critical of her decision did not seem motivated by race or gender. I could be wrong, but everything I saw was in response to the initial reaction in the mainstream media that described Simone’s decision as “heroic.” In that regard, I’m afraid I agree with those who objected. There is nothing inherently “heroic” about taking yourself out of a competition. But nor is there anything inherently villainous. It takes courage to do anything that you know will disappoint millions of people and based on her many extraordinary accomplishments and unprecedented athletic feats – all performed under incomprehensible pressure - it’s silly to suggest her decision was motivated by fear, or indifference, or some other character flaw. But it’s equally silly to “celebrate” her decision as laudable, or accuse those who do not see her as heroic as racist.
Athletic excellence is reserved for those competitors who are willing to assume risk, ignore pain, and overcome doubt. Clearly, Simone Biles has done that too many times to count. But on this day, she did not. This should not be a difficult thing to accept, but today, it is. Because today, everyone must be made into a hero or a villain. Journalists, politicians, scientists, celebrities, athletes – we drag them all to the extremes, to be mocked or celebrated by one side or the other. The middle ground today is skinnier than a balance beam, and just as hard to land upon.
The bigger issue, in my opinion, is the Olympics themselves, and their apparent desire to follow in the doomed footsteps of the Oscars. Like millions of others, I miss the days when the Oscars celebrated artistic excellence, and the Olympics celebrated athletic excellence. I miss the days when for just a few hours, we were allowed to see something great in our species, separate and apart from the constant reminders of what’s wrong, or what could be better, or who said something in the distant past that's no longer acceptable today. As this video explains, “not all change is progress.”"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom