Small of Back Carry Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluegrassZ71

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you who carry in the small of the back, which direction do you prefer for your sights face? Assuming you are right handed, do your sights face your right or left side?

elance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1911 with sights left , yeah yeah safety might get wiped, but it is stiff and short on the factory milspec, i'm fat and and just feel better with grip to me and not away . i tend to carry this way wearing nicer jeans and long sleeve shirts in a LH maveric defender by K&D holsters. don't limit yourself to one style of carry , i've carried iwb owb shoulder sob appendix cc oc even carried a stainless model 65 4" .357 oc crossdraw at easter . and normally while carrying my .45 in the miami classic by galco, i'll have the keltec pf9 iwb at 2:30 in one made by me . lol

so just follow a couple of rules
first carry every chance you can (you'll never need it long as you have it )
second use a well designed and made holster that keeps the trigger covered .(except for SA's)
third don't sweat it , be courteous professional cheerful and kind, and let confidence exude . confidence that comes from practicing handling and carrying .

also i'm east of you off of 20 and i too dig 4x4 chevys and alison krause, and if you carry a 45 i can loan you a holster to try . my glock one is on loan . or we could make one for yours , what ever model.

stay safe
elance

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which way can you get a combat grip on the first try?
Be careful with sob carry, if you end up getting knocked on your butt, you might get a broken back too...jusayin
My second gun is about 7 o'clock on left side with right handed holster, it is my Second gun, a snubby, and I can get a good grip the first draw, with practice, practice,did I say practice.... ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom