Snakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Be carful out and about this is the 3rd copperhead we have killed out the house . One today is one the biggest copperhead we have killed. He was half the length of a hoe. 20170604_133158.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Big one! We've killed 8 over the years at our place.
The black snakes are really active now around our place. Love those mouse/rat eating critters. Even had one look in the window to say hello before moving on last week.
94755ad3d4c8c62740e1f29edde30601.jpg

b78914e1b1a52997a0d8f93d962f7ddb.jpg

6' windows, so the length is pretty accurate.
Saw him this morning again going down the hill to get the Sunday news paper.

183dc002aefa47f5580d6befc6bb528b.jpg

I like my snakes. The wife, not so much. When she sees one, there is a shower of sparks from the shovel.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to kill snakes every time I seen one. I almost stepped on a rattlesnake last year and he ran way from me. Anymore if they don't mess with me, I don't mess with them. That would be different if I had them around the house though. I found this water snake eating a mudcat the other day. I left him alone. 3rd time I've seen a water snake eating a mudcat so I consider that a good thing.
afc9abbf4faa439f591a20a5dc1c013b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see this black snake's skin in my shop building almost every year. I have zero problems with mice around here. If I could just convince my wife to leave them alone. Black snakes also eat rattlers and copperheads. That gives them a pass for me.
Interesting critters. They can climb a tree darned near as fast as a squirrel. Dog got after this one or another the same size last year and it got across the fence and danged near flew into the tree. Went up about 10' and just looked down at the dog. Had to stop the wife from getting the howitzer out of the safe. She is protective of her dogs. We did lose one to a copperhead bite years ago and had another bit but survived.

Latest posts

Top Bottom