So, I'm stuck here in Branson...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I'm NOT a fan. :hellno:

For years and years, my oldest daughter listened to me grouse and complain about the hustle and bustle of the holiday season and how I always said I would rather just disappear to somewhere away from family.

So, for Christmas this year, she bought us one of those 4 day/3 night things to Branson, with the only requirement is you attend one of those 3 hour things where they try to sell you a time share.

Well, so far I'm miserable. The drive was long (over 5 hours) the traffic was atrocious and everything is so gotdamned expensive here.

We took in the Dolly Parton Stampede last night. The food was good and the show entertaining, but not for 60 bucks a person.

Anyways, I'm just an old country boy, who prefers a clear night sky full of stars, over the bright light, big city of the Branson strip. :grumble:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mmmm...mmm...mmm.

I'd say that I feel for you, not that it does you any good. Oddly enough, Branson (or any other tourist trap place) has seldom ever attracted my attention. Now, if said tourist trap place is close to some natural beauty, I'd be at those places taking pictures. That said, Table Rock Lake is right there at Branson.

Of course, that may still have too many people at it.

Anyway, I sympathize with you. I'm used to saying, "I feel for you, but I just can't reach you."

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to Jesus Vegas! Don’t forget to visit Steal your Dollar City while there.

Really, truly, my condolences! I don’t understand what people see up there or the attraction. Except maybe the lakes in the summer.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been through there with the wife.. we did not need anything they had to offer. kept on trucking.
I like the woods myself as does the wife.
We do like to see the Monarch migration or just them gathering in the trees.
Went to California to see them in the Eucalyptus groves that was nice scenery.. went whale watching.
I have no use for cooped up in a room with people though.

I feel your pain.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I'm NOT a fan. :hellno:

For years and years, my oldest daughter listened to me grouse and complain about the hustle and bustle of the holiday season and how I always said I would rather just disappear to somewhere away from family.

So, for Christmas this year, she bought us one of those 4 day/3 night things to Branson, with the only requirement is you attend one of those 3 hour things where they try to sell you a time share.

Well, so far I'm miserable. The drive was long (over 5 hours) the traffic was atrocious and everything is so gotdamned expensive here.

We took in the Dolly Parton Stampede last night. The food was good and the show entertaining, but not for 60 bucks a person.

Anyways, I'm just an old country boy, who prefers a clear night sky full of stars, over the bright light, big city of the Branson strip. :grumble:

I feel your pain . . . one visit to Branson every 20 years or so is enough for me.

My youngest brother and his family seem to really enjoy going once or twice a year for some reason.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A nice firepit and a couple of lawnchairs...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

One of my very favorites...my back yard, Mrs. GED stirring the fire pit.

20191014_191037.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We love going to Branson. Drive right through it on the blue route, connect to the yellow route (fall creek road), drive past the golf course, make a left and at the end of the road is Lilly’s Landing Resort on beautiful lake Tanneycomo.
We stay in a lake front cabin watching the eagles while sitting around a community bonfire with free firewood in the evenings.
The only time we venture into town is for groceries and an occasional evening dinner.
Most days are spent doing this:

585219d722cea0f133718bc9d31fd6c3.jpg

Be headed back up that direction soon for some winter fly fishing.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with you 1000%. Branson is just NOT my kind of place. The lake, maybe so.... a resort ON the lake, I bet that would be ok.

But BRANSON itself... I'll pass. And yes, the last time I was there, over 10 years ago, the traffic was abominable. Like on the order of Houston or Austin. I was flabbergasted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom