Son of a...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tuesday night I bit my lower lip while eating dinner. Yeah, it hurt. But, almost done and made it thru without another bite outta my lip.

Last night, eating one slice of pizza, I bit my lip in the same, painfully swollen, spot 4 times. 4 freakin' times. Now I have a really huge lump on the inside of my lip and can't eat anything without it getting in the way. I've bit my tongue or the inside of my cheek before, but never my lower lip.

I don't recommend doing this.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tuesday night I bit my lower lip while eating dinner. Yeah, it hurt. But, almost done and made it thru without another bite outta my lip.

Last night, eating one slice of pizza, I bit my lip in the same, painfully swollen, spot 4 times. 4 freakin' times. Now I have a really huge lump on the inside of my lip and can't eat anything without it getting in the way. I've bit my tongue or the inside of my cheek before, but never my lower lip.

I don't recommend doing this.
I remember doing that as a little kid. Dad said "did it taste good?"

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you have a partner there when it happened to offer commentary like 'Why do you always do that?' or "huh oh, is it one of those that hurts really bad?" My wife finds that type of encouragement really helpful.

Yeah...she said, "That's quite the face you made. That must've hurt."

No s**t. Ya think?

It was like getting about two dozen shots from the dentist all at once, all in the same spot.

To be fair, I may have made a smartazz comment to her last time she did it. Doesn't sound like me, but it's possible.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been doing that for the last 10-20 years, occasionaly. Hurts, aggravates me at me. Gargling, swishing with hot water/salt seems to help, promote healing. Suspect in my case, eating too fast, shoveling too much into my pie hole at a time, eating tough, raw greens and maybe getting old and uncoordinated too. Trying small bites, chew thoroughly, pause to drink water more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom