Sooners and Bell ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The offense played reasonably well. They had too many FGs deep in the red zone, but they scored on every possession in the first half except for the one that was ended by halftime. Bell broke Bradford's first-start passing record by a fair margin (Bradford's was 363 yards; Bell threw for 413), and Finch looked better than his stats indicate. And they had no turnovers.

The defense didn't look as good as they had, but they did OK, considering that Colvin was out (concussion-related) and Lynn went out in the first half. I didn't hear what his injury was, but I think they said both would be back for the ND game.

Last edited:

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bell 70% completion rate, 400 yards, 4 TDs. 3rd highest QBR yesterday. Also OU defense is allowing 9 ppg.

Time to get rid of the Belldozier moniker. I"'m thinking Bellthrower or Bell Air.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He looked nothing like last year but that's because of how he was used in games last year.

Bell is the real deal. He has good pocket awareness and pressure doesn't seem to bother him. If he can't throw it he'll just tuck it and run. Don't expect him to go winning the Heisman or national championship just yet, he's still young and will make some mistakes. But he looks damn good.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The "Fire Stoops" retards sure are quiet.

LOL

I know they were chirping last week, but those 3 picks that Knight threw in 9 plays were lasers. They would have hit the receivers right in the numbers. They were just ill advised throws. Redshirt freshmen tend to do make those mistakes. The OU QB situation is good.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Um, they played Tulsa. In other news OSU looked good playing Lamar. Neither game indicate how good they really are.

A better question is will Mack Brown be fired before the end of the season? :)

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "Fire Stoops" retards sure are quiet.

I've never said Stoops should be fired but I do sort of question how they could have thought TK was the better choice over Bell. After seeing just a few minutes of TK, it was pretty obvious that he wasn't ready for prime time and the switch needed to be made. Stoops was fortunate that TK got banged up a little and made the decision for him.

Gebrown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Um, they played Tulsa. In other news OSU looked good playing Lamar. Neither game indicate how good they really are.

A better question is will Mack Brown be fired before the end of the season? :)

You're not serious are you? Osu beat Lamar, Lamar. OU beat Tulsa, Tulsa would stomp a mud hole in Lamar, so lets not start comparing competition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom