Sooners and Bell ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerCowboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bell looked good. Was mainly throwing short slant routes at first but began airing it out after completing some long ones. I don't think well see him running it like he has in the past. Can't afford to get him hurt. The defense looked pretty good but allowed some long passes. Yes we didn't punt until the 2nd half and I don't think we turned it over. Oh Blake look pretty damn good for a QB who can't pass. And I saw this from the north end zone row 46 baby!!!!

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ok coach... how do you win the game?

I want to butt in. Stoops isn't perfect. He is very good. He does make personnel mistakes. He has made a lot more very good personnel decisions.

I trust hs choices when choosing who starts. How they play in practice isn't the only thing a good coach will consider.

Stoops has said that all three of his QBs are almost alike. They can all run and they can all throw. One thing he can't tell from practice is how they will play in a game. We are all finding out.

If they all are close I would play the guy with more upside. The younger one would have more years to play and a bigger chance of improving. That is what I would do. I am not the coach that has lead the program with more wins than any other school since 1999.

Stoops win consistently year after year. Texas will come after him when Mack retires at the end of this season.

I trust Stoops.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So now we are changing the argument back to practices this year? Because I thought we were talking about scout team from last year. Just trying to keep your arguments straight. See here's the thing, it's hard to argue against someone who ultimately is right. In this case I'm right. It doesn't matter if I had watched practices, had a vision, or if I took a dump and it was shaped like Blake Bell and that's what made me think he was the guy.

Not changing any argument, you're just getting all emotional and either don't understand or refuse to understand the facts. It's pretty simple, I'm stating that there's a conglomerate of information Stoops has to go on, over you sitting on the couch on Monday and beating your chest, talking about how right you were after Bell had a good start. As to the rest, I will say it's neat that you donate so much money. Good for you. :thumb:

Stoops isn't perfect. He is very good. He does make personnel mistakes. He has made a lot more very good personnel decisions. I trust his choices when choosing who starts.

How they play in practice isn't the only thing a good coach will consider.

If they all are close I would play the guy with more upside. The younger one would have more years to play and a bigger chance of improving. That is what I would do. I am not the coach that has lead the program with more wins than any other school since 1999.

Agreed, and that's all I'm trying to relay. Anyone says they saw this beforehand, only spoke up after the fact.

Latest posts

Top Bottom