Sooners and Bell ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, how could you not understand that these coaches make mistakes?

And it wasnt just some theory I pulled out of a hat. It was the culmination of months of comments from the coaches in their various press conferences, news articles and TV clips. In a nutshell, they got lit up like a Christmas tree by Manziel and TK had lit their own defense up running scout team. That influenced their decision more than it should have. Sometimes an outside observer actually has a better perspective.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, how could you not understand that these coaches make mistakes?

And it wasnt just some theory I pulled out of a hat. It was the culmination of months of comments from the coaches in their various press conferences, news articles and TV clips. In a nutshell, they got lit up like a Christmas tree by Manziel and TK had lit their own defense up running scout team.

You're coming full circle to my point........ TK looked better running the scout team and in practice.......so based on their observations it was the best decision on what they knew.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're coming full circle to my point........ TK looked better running the scout team and in practice.......so based on their observations it was the best decision on what they knew.

Blake Bell didn't run scout team last year. He was the backup QB and they were focused on the Belldozer package. So, it doesn't prove your point. He was in a completely different role in practice. It would be impossible, and foolish to compare them in that setting. And now with a little more outside perspective, just about any QB that could run would have lit up last year's D.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Blake Bell didn't run scout team last year. He was the backup QB and they were focused on the Belldozer package.

Problem with your limited view is that there's this whole thing called practice..... red and white game..... etc... etc..that led up the first game. Or do you honestly believe Bell just sat on the bench in practice just going over the Belldozer package and somehow magically he was overlooked by the coaches with Manziel colored glasses?

Granted it's a bit of a gamble I'd bet to go with either guy and the Monday morning kids will call it a mistake.... but maybe.... just maybe.... Bell got a fire lit under his azz when he realized he wasn't getting the job. Again, that's just what those that actually attended practices say.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard several placed that TK looked great in practice. I didn't get to see either of the games he started, so I don't have a really informed opinion, but I think he just wasn't seasoned enough for the pressure of a game.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah, he has a point--OU is so much better than Tulsa, just like OSU is so much better than Lamar, that you really can't use them as a gauge for how good either team is.

Glad to see someone with some sense. Yes my point was both schools played pud teams. No way to judge how good you are playing teams like Tulsa and Lamar. And I don't care how many wins Tulsa had in any years past, that is not the team they played Saturday.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Problem with your limited view is that there's this whole thing called practice..... red and white game..... etc... etc..that led up the first game. Or do you honestly believe Bell just sat on the bench in practice just going over the Belldozer package and somehow magically he was overlooked by the coaches with Manziel colored glasses?

Granted it's a bit of a gamble I'd bet to go with either guy and the Monday morning kids will call it a mistake.... but maybe.... just maybe.... Bell got a fire lit under his azz when he realized he wasn't getting the job. Again, that's just what those that actually attended practices say.

So now we are changing the argument back to practices this year? Because I thought we were talking about scout team from last year. Just trying to keep your arguments straight. See here's the thing, it's hard to argue against someone who ultimately is right. In this case I'm right. It doesn't matter if I had watched practices, had a vision, or if I took a dump and it was shaped like Blake Bell and that's what made me think he was the guy.

I can count on my hands the number of things I've criticized Stoops about in the 14 years he's been here. That's less than one complaint a year. I donate an embarrassing amount of money to the program each year and have had season tickets for many years. It's not like I'm a Stoops basher, but on this point, they made a mistake. A mistake some people saw coming. A mistake others admitted after the first half or so of the first game. But the bottoms line is, those who said Bell should be the guy were right (admittedly, he could still suck from here on but from what we have seen he's clearly the choice) and no amount of you defending Stoops or trying to bash my reasoning will change that.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So now we are changing the argument back to practices this year? Because I thought we were talking about scout team from last year. Just trying to keep your arguments straight. See here's the thing, it's hard to argue against someone who ultimately is right. In this case I'm right. It doesn't matter if I had watched practices, had a vision, or if I took a dump and it was shaped like Blake Bell and that's what made me think he was the guy.

I can count on my hands the number of things I've criticized Stoops about in the 14 years he's been here. That's less than one complaint a year. I donate an embarrassing amount of money to the program each year and have had season tickets for many years. It's not like I'm a Stoops basher, but on this point, they made a mistake. A mistake some people saw coming. A mistake others admitted after the first half or so of the first game. But the bottoms line is, those who said Bell should be the guy were right (admittedly, he could still suck from here on but from what we have seen he's clearly the choice) and no amount of you defending Stoops or trying to bash my reasoning will change that.

take a midol already... jeez

Latest posts

Top Bottom