Sprinkler Problems in the Tulsa Area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MB1008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm having a problem with my Rainbird Sprinkler System. None of the zones are working. There is no pressure whatsoever. I've had a sprinkler repair person out 3 times (the same company that installed it 5-10 years ago) and they claim that they can't find the master valve box and they believe that is where the problem lies. They said the sprinkler heads seem to be working find, the backflow valve isn't broke, and there doesn't seem to be any line leaks.

I have six valve stations (zones) in my yard and have found 3 valve boxes. Each valve box looks to have 2 "caps" in it (I believe their solenoids). Does anyone know if one solenoid works 1 zone or does 2 solenoids work one zone? Also, do all systems have a master valve box?

Some more info... During the winter, I had a leak at my water main and the city came out and replaced the whole valve/gasket/meter. I've looked at it and there doesn't seem to be any connections other than to the main line. Would this replacement have anything to do with my sprinkler system not getting any water?

Lastly, can anyone recommend a good sprinkler repair person in the Tulsa area?

Thanks

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The main sprinkler valve should be near the meter. They just need to start poking a pointy stick into the ground until they find it. Just a wild ass guess, but when they replaced the meter they may have ignored or bypassed the "T" to the sprinkler system.

MB1008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't think about a t-valve. I'll call the city and see if they would know anything. Though when I looked at the meter, there didn't look like there would be anywhere a t-valve could go.

How deep do you think the box might be (ie. how long of a pointy thing will I need)?

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking at least a foot... mine was acting up... said "err no ac" "mv something"

the caps on the wires were the problem... they are filled with grease to keep moisture out so the wires don't corrode....some moisture got up in there... good caps will last 8-10 years..

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't think about a t-valve. I'll call the city and see if they would know anything. Though when I looked at the meter, there didn't look like there would be anywhere a t-valve could go.

How deep do you think the box might be (ie. how long of a pointy thing will I need)?

A long screw driver will probably do the trick. You just have to start poking around until you find the lid to the valve box.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lucky.the apartment complex im in has sprinklers that go off constantly.if you open your door you get wet and one of the sprinklers is right next to my window so it constantly sound like its raining every morning at 3am

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The City should not have had any affect on your system, everything they typically do is on "their side", and your branch to the system is on "your side". You can validate water at the backflow valve, there are a couple of bleed valves typically, open one up and there should be water. The main valve is likely close to the backflow valve. I've replaced my master valve in the past, the symptoms were the same as yours. I've also had an issue with a zone valve and couldn't find the box, took me about three weeks but I finally found it. Water really well and then start poking away, develop a good pattern as it is easy to repeat some areas.....

ETA, some systems have their own meter, do you have one meter or two?

MB1008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just have one meter that I know of. My backflow valve is in with my hot water tank. Do you think the master valve could be somewhere inside also or are they usually outside?

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can try calling these people, this is one of my good friends and he has been installing systems for almost 10 years now. I dont know if he gets up that way or not though. His name is Kevin, tell him Todd sent ya.

Sooner Okie Irrigation & Drains
6800 Melrose Ln # F, Oklahoma City, OK 73127-6246
(405) 789-9600

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just have one meter that I know of. My backflow valve is in with my hot water tank. Do you think the master valve could be somewhere inside also or are they usually outside?

It is most likely outside, near where the main pipe exits the house.

Sprinkler guys work in straight lines as much as possible, they typically use a trencher, if they don't stay in the trenched lines then they have to dig by hand and don't do alot of that.....

Can you see where your control wires leave the house?

Latest posts

Top Bottom