SSD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Most lawyers that deal with this will look at your case too see if you have a leg to stand on ..... If they just say yes with out seeing the details.... run, don't walk away .

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So sooner than later is better? SSD pays from the time I was first unemployed?

I know it sounds like I'm splitting hairs but that's "lawyering" for you -- IIRC you retired recently when you became eligible for retirement from your previous employer. You did not mention any disabilities that caused you to be unable to perform your job duties. The feds will calculate your pay from the date of your disability NOT from the last date of employment. Now if you quit work because you were unable to perform your job and you just happened to qualify for your retirement at the same time as your disabilities affected you, then they will use your date of unemployment. There are a lot of unknowns here for me (and I don't expect you to answer those questions for me) but that is the jest of it. Make sense??

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it sounds like I'm splitting hairs but that's "lawyering" for you -- IIRC you retired recently when you became eligible for retirement from your previous employer. You did not mention any disabilities that caused you to be unable to perform your job duties. The feds will calculate your pay from the date of your disability NOT from the last date of employment. Now if you quit work because you were unable to perform your job and you just happened to qualify for your retirement at the same time as your disabilities affected you, then they will use your date of unemployment. There are a lot of unknowns here for me (and I don't expect you to answer those questions for me) but that is the jest of it. Make sense??
I retired because of the disabilities. I just happened to be eligible a year before, but I tried to hang in longer. It just became impossible as they changed my job duties. Honestly, I think they did so to push me out knowing it would be too difficult. Out with the old and in with the new. Seen em do that many time before.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I retired because of the disabilities. I just happened to be eligible a year before, but I tried to hang in longer. It just became impossible as they changed my job duties. Honestly, I think they did so to push me out knowing it would be too difficult. Out with the old and in with the new. Seen em do that many time before.

Then your date of disability will be your last day at work. I'm trying to remember the name of the attorney my friend -- I know right?!?!? Who would have thought I'd have a friend, huh?? 😉😂😂 -- used. If/When it comes to me I'll PM ya.

Latest posts

Top Bottom