Ssssssssssssssssssmokin'!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnboomer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Midwest City (usually)/Eufaula (when possible)
I took today off and I got the smoker fired up and am in the process of preparing one of my "to die for" briskets, as well as, two hams with my awesome "Jackpricot" glaze and a bunch of smoked and polish sausages. Marinated the trimmed brisket for two days in Allegro marinade and it spent all last night (8 hours) slowly cooking in the oven (sealed in foil and swimming in marinade). It's gonna slow cook for the last two hours in apple wood smoke. The hams are in the oven now (at low temp) warming up. I'll glaze them about a half hour before the brisket is done, leave them in the oven, then smoke them for about an hour after I pull the brisket out. The sausages will just smoke along with the hams.

Got a family reunion tomorrow in Chandler. My great uncle used to cook all the meat but we finally told him to stop last year as he's in his 80s and usually spends $600 to $800 in meats - which would likely be more like $1000 to $1200 this year.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I smoked pork butts yesterday in the rain and it sucked so much, at least the meat turned out good but smoking in the rain was a pain and I didn't want to do it but plans were made 3 weeks ago so it was a hell or high water deal.

mtnboomer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Midwest City (usually)/Eufaula (when possible)
I guarantee you wouldn't be able to tell mine from one smoked full-time. Smoking only flavors the outside of the meat. Most full-length smoke briskets - if the cook isn't VERY careful - are dry because they lose their moisture through evaporation during the cooking process. Mine is very juicy and flavored all the way through because it is cooked in the marinade, and then transferred to the smoker, for the last few hours. After removal from the smoker it is wrapped in a heavy towel for one to two hours.

Here she be.....................
IMG_0307.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom