State grocery tax voted out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree there should never have been a tax on grocery items in the first place. But, if the state's gonna stop taxing groceries, I'm not gonna b***h about it.

As a matter of fact, I don't have much to b***h about in terms of taxes in Oklahoma at all. Our property taxes are extremely reasonable as compared to other states I've lived in. Plus we get the homestead exemption and the geezer freeze on future rate hikes.

Could the tax situation be better? Of course. But, it could also be worse. So If I can save 4.5% on groceries after this is signed I'll take it and continue to urge my representatives to let people keep more of the money they earn thru further tax reductions. We'll never get to where I'd like to be but every little bit helps in my opinion.

And, according to the Biden administration inflation is only 3%-ish... 🤔 I'm sure we all believe that...don't we?

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Living in Michigan decades ago, grocery tax eliminated. Did not count soaps, paper, etc.
I would have saved $20 the past two weeks here in Oklahoma.

Flat rate IRS income tax would be welcome ONLY IF the rate is reasonable. Make government adhere to a budget too.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This only eliminates the 4.5% State Sales tax portion of the total sales tax you pay everywhere. You will still pay the city sales tax on groceries unless each city council votes to eliminate their portion which is extremely doubtful as citiy's sales tax collection is a big part of each ciity's revenue. Especially the smaller cities.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree there should never have been a tax on grocery items in the first place. But, if the state's gonna stop taxing groceries, I'm not gonna b***h about it.

As a matter of fact, I don't have much to b***h about in terms of taxes in Oklahoma at all. Our property taxes are extremely reasonable as compared to other states I've lived in. Plus we get the homestead exemption and the geezer freeze on future rate hikes.

Could the tax situation be better? Of course. But, it could also be worse. So If I can save 4.5% on groceries after this is signed I'll take it and continue to urge my representatives to let people keep more of the money they earn thru further tax reductions. We'll never get to where I'd like to be but every little bit helps in my opinion.

And, according to the Biden administration inflation is only 3%-ish... 🤔 I'm sure we all believe that...don't we?
Tax might be a little cheaper, but I was paying more for insurance than my buddy in the Springs. He had a far nicer house than myself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom