State grocery tax voted out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Apparently your county assessor didn’t get the letter from the Tax and Spend Republican reminding him that he’s required by state law to reassess property valuations annually (yeah, that MFer actually sent that letter back around 2008 because county assessors were doing what was in their constituents’ best interests, not the .gov’s, and it still makes me mad whenever I think about it). Mine have gone up over 100% since I bought my place in 2004. It would probably go up more, but state law also limits the percentage they can increase the valuation each year.

The assessor makes it around every year with no problem. Doesn't take long to do the rural areas because there's not many homes to look at lol. We bought the place in 2005 and the only time it's increased much is in 2015 when I built a shop.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It went from $1405 to $1889 in less than 6 years. Not quite 40 but close
Amended article 10 of the OK constitution says:

Annual increases in a property's assessed value are capped at 3% for residential homestead and agricultural property. All other property has a cap of 5%. Senior homeowners may also qualify for the senior valuation freeze, which prevents home values from increasing.

You should contest this.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amended article 10 of the OK constitution says:

Annual increases in a property's assessed value are capped at 3% for residential homestead and agricultural property. All other property has a cap of 5%. Senior homeowners may also qualify for the senior valuation freeze, which prevents home values from increasing.

You should contest this.
Things like school bond elections and municipal bond elections can raise your taxes even if the valuation only goes up 3% or less.

Latest posts

Top Bottom