State grocery tax voted out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The assessor makes it around every year with no problem. Doesn't take long to do the rural areas because there's not many homes to look at lol. We bought the place in 2005 and the only time it's increased much is in 2015 when I built a shop.
I helped my dad make improvements while my parents owned the place, so I didn’t really need to do much other than maintenance. Didn’t stop the assessor from jacking my assessment, which is now more than double what it was when I bought the place.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You’ve probably got a letter a looked at your sewer bill for Warr Acres. I have a house there that my Ex lives in that I help with the bills. They F’d up big time.
They raised the monthly sewer rate quite a bit a few months ago but they hadn't raised them in ten years so it was due. Warr Acres partners with Bethany for our sewage plant and it needed some major upgrades.

Last edited:

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know much about the details of this "tax cut," however -
Could the store place those cooked items in a cooler by the cash registers (I'm looking at you, rotisserie chicken and chicken nuggets) and just like that "Oh no, it isn't cooked food. It has to be re-heated, you see." So voila it's magically eligible for purchase with SNAP after all...)
My ex girlfriend is on food stamps. She can’t buy the hot chicken. They have it cold which is eligible. Don’t know never had food stamps and I’m sure her worthless butt doesn’t care about sales tax. Free money to her and still gripes.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amended article 10 of the OK constitution says:

Annual increases in a property's assessed value are capped at 3% for residential homestead and agricultural property. All other property has a cap of 5%. Senior homeowners may also qualify for the senior valuation freeze, which prevents home values from increasing.

You should contest this.

Live in Cleveland County and I checked a few years ago . We make too much money to freeze our taxes!!! I think if you are a senior, taxes s/be half or none. We have paid our fair share of taxes over a lifetime.
I heard that you have to file yearly for the freeze, not sure if true.... My :twocents:

Chris Hayes

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Woohoooooooo. That means I'll ALMOST be able to afford to buy gas for my truck this week. Gotta love it when the Elites give handouts to the Poors.
expensive.jpg

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I paid $75 today for a couple ribeyes, bag of potatos, butter, water, loaf of french bread for garlic toast.

razor blades, shaving cream and toothpaste and sales tax took it to $95

****ing horseshit

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who is going to the first to btch about the Yankees headed here on OSA. Lol
They're already coming here to grow weed. The old Dollar General here in Luther that's next to Sonic sat unoccupied and for sale for quite a while. Someone bought it and immediately had well over $100K worth of HVAC installed. The vehicles in their parking lot had New York tags.

Latest posts

Top Bottom