State grocery tax voted out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The bill doesn't eliminate all sales tax at grocery stores. I was listening to KRMG in Tulsa today. They said items cooked in grocery stores and sold to consumers will be taxed. I'm assuming things like rotisserie chicken and items from a salad bar or hot food to be eaten in the store. Not sure of all the details as I just got a snippet.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bill doesn't eliminate all sales tax at grocery stores. I was listening to KRMG in Tulsa today. They said items cooked in grocery stores and sold to consumers will be taxed. I'm assuming things like rotisserie chicken and items from a salad bar or hot food to be eaten in the store. Not sure of all the details as I just got a snippet.
I don't know much about the details of this "tax cut," however -
Could the store place those cooked items in a cooler by the cash registers (I'm looking at you, rotisserie chicken and chicken nuggets) and just like that "Oh no, it isn't cooked food. It has to be re-heated, you see." So voila it's magically eligible for purchase with SNAP after all...)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know much about the details of this "tax cut," however -
Could the store place those cooked items in a cooler by the cash registers (I'm looking at you, rotisserie chicken and chicken nuggets) and just like that "Oh no, it isn't cooked food. It has to be re-heated, you see." So voila it's magically eligible for purchase with SNAP after all...)
I don't know. I got a 10 second report from the radio station news.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a lot of items sold in grocery stores that are not food too. I would imagine those items will still be taxed. I wonder if beer and wine is considered food? :-)

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont think that's right but I can't argue, cause I'm not sure.
Here is an example of how my property taxes are distributed.
264.18---City of Warr Acres
63.89---City-County Health
387.03---Francis Tuttle Career Tech 21
128.27---Metro Library
272.82---Oklahoma County
102.12---Oklahoma Countywide Schools
1,688.46---Putnam City Schools

When Warr Acres voted for a GO Bond that passed it added that 264.18 to my property taxes for 20 years to retire the bond and when voters pass a Putman City School bond proposal that amount goes up even though my valuation would have not increased my taxes that amount. Those are just a couple of examples.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is an example of how my property taxes are distributed.
264.18---City of Warr Acres
63.89---City-County Health
387.03---Francis Tuttle Career Tech 21
128.27---Metro Library
272.82---Oklahoma County
102.12---Oklahoma Countywide Schools
1,688.46---Putnam City Schools

When Warr Acres voted for a GO Bond that passed it added that 264.18 to my property taxes for 20 years to retire the bond and when voters pass a Putman City School bond proposal that amount goes up even though my valuation would have not increased my taxes that amount. Those are just a couple of examples.
You’ve probably got a letter a looked at your sewer bill for Warr Acres. I have a house there that my Ex lives in that I help with the bills. They F’d up big time.

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom