Stolen guns info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Almost sounds like there might be a need for a website...

Which antigunners would flood with random serial numbers just because.

OP, I used to have a friend on the PD that I would call and he would check the number for me. I could only do this after I had purchased the gun as he couldn't always do it "immediately."

When I purchase a gun, or sell a gun, I check the other person's driver's license, have him sign a bill of sale, I do the same, etc. I've lost some transactions because not everybody will do that. But IMO someone selling a gun they know to be stolen will be reluctant to divulge their name.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised that the police don't set up a place to do checks for stolen guns at gun shows. Seems like the only people that would lose out are those possessing stolen property.
It'd take away from the anti's who want to close the so called gun show loophole too.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
davek, what about the folks who unknowingly bought a stolen gun? All of a sudden, they're out a gun and their money.

Yup. That's life.

If I had a gun that was found to be stolen I'd want the legitimate owner to have it back. And if I can't backtrack to where I got it that's my fault isn't it?

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which antigunners would flood with random serial numbers just because.

OP, I used to have a friend on the PD that I would call and he would check the number for me. I could only do this after I had purchased the gun as he couldn't always do it "immediately."

When I purchase a gun, or sell a gun, I check the other person's driver's license, have him sign a bill of sale, I do the same, etc. I've lost some transactions because not everybody will do that. But IMO someone selling a gun they know to be stolen will be reluctant to divulge their name.

Or they just dont want a stranger to have address, personal info....

Latest posts

Top Bottom