Straight Razor Shave

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Matt Basterson

i listen to vinyl albums and 8 track tapes. i like old school stuff, but you can keep that razor crap, i'll stick with my electric shaver.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Clubhouse Barber Shop at 33rd and Broadway in Edmond (on 33rd just 1/4 west of Broadway on the south side of the road (right by the blue water tower)) does straight razor shaves.

Granted, they're disposable straight razors, but still feel amazing.

http://www.clubhousebarbershop.net/

I think most of them use the disposable inserts for health department reasons, at least what the barber in Vegas told me.

For those that haven't tried it, or are scoffing, I was a skeptic as well, my wife talked me into it, think it was her way to get about an hour of shopping without me whining about it. It was incredibly relaxing, quite a process with the hot towels, etc. The Barber that did mine shaved up, then down, I can honestly say I haven't had a shave that close, nor has my face been that smooth in a long time. Did I say it was incredibly relaxing?

Good to know about the place in Fontana, I will have to check them out.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Waaay back when, I used to get haircuts and straight razor shaves by 2 hotties, at a private barber shop in Frankfurt on DM 40 Strasse. It obviously involved other payday activities as well. Very entertaining and well worth the price. A popular destination when just returning from training exercises.

Probably all office buildings now.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think most of them use the disposable inserts for health department reasons, at least what the barber in Vegas told me.

For those that haven't tried it, or are scoffing, I was a skeptic as well, my wife talked me into it, think it was her way to get about an hour of shopping without me whining about it. It was incredibly relaxing, quite a process with the hot towels, etc. The Barber that did mine shaved up, then down, I can honestly say I haven't had a shave that close, nor has my face been that smooth in a long time. Did I say it was incredibly relaxing?

Ya, Mark is the owner... great guy and he's a retired Army officer as well. Cool old barber chairs for the waiting area and dead animals and military stuff on the walls. Gives a great haircut too. Make sure and book an appointment though, some days, he's completely booked up. Even if you don't get the full shave, he does use a straight razor to clean up the neckline with every h/c and uses a hot towel. It's costs more than Supercuts, but 1000 times better and worth the extra jingle IMHO.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Clubhouse Barber Shop at 33rd and Broadway in Edmond (on 33rd just 1/4 west of Broadway on the south side of the road (right by the blue water tower)) does straight razor shaves.

Granted, they're disposable straight razors, but still feel amazing.

http://www.clubhousebarbershop.net/

Yeah, they mentioned that they can't use a true blade + leather because of that. I could be making this up, but I thought they mentioned they can use one with a special license/insurance premium/etc.

I forgot to mention, that place I linked also gives discount to military and leo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom