Stupid ramblings of an insomniac...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry guys but im the opposite. I can literally make my self sleep. My wife hates that 5 minutes after I tell her i'm going to sleep, that im asleep.
That's the way Mrs. GED is. The absolute minute her head hits the pillow, she's snoring. But I'll lay there and flop around like a fish out of water.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try a shot f Nyquil right before you go to bed. It is the only thing I have found that helps me. I can usually get a good 6 hours of sleep with it.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry guys but im the opposite. I can literally make my self sleep. My wife hates that 5 minutes after I tell her i'm going to sleep, that im asleep.
My wife has that same superpower ability. She has teased me before and said do you wanna watch me sleep? And then I shite you not she is asleep in about 45 seconds to a minute. I on the other hand, if I don’t take something I flip and flop for hours

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I trained myself to blank out my thoughts.
Think of nothing just darkness and do not think about the darkness either.
Do not watch TV in bed and do not Read in bed.
Train your body to know bed is for sleeping or sex nothing else.

White noise may help like a small bathroom fan or little heater fan on fan to make noise.

My wife had trouble for years going to sleep but she would read in the bedroom or watch a TV.
Thought of things she was to do the next day etc etc.

There is not a thing you can do about tomorrow when you are in bed sleeping so quit going over it in your mind.
If you have trouble blanking your mind and must think of something.
Try thinking of a hot gal, focus on her and not the surroundings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom