Stupid ramblings of an insomniac...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might seem odd, but I found a YouTube video that seems to put me out rather quickly. It's 10 hours of a black screen, but a light thunderstorm and campfire noises. I put this on and I'm asleep in short notice. Be careful though, there is an 'alarm' at the 10 hour point, which is a wolf howling. I made the mistake of playing the video at the point where it left off the previous night. When it reached 10 hours, I woke up wondering what the hell was making that noise! Pro tip, restart the video from the beginning or at least far back enough where you won't hit the 10 hour mark.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know your dilemma all too well. I've been traveling and working internationally for the past 39 years. Sometimes in 3 or 4 different time zones within a week (US Central/US Eastern/London/Germany/India) all within the same week because of this, I have no body clock at all. Day or night doesn't register with my body. I rarely sleep more than a couple hours at a time and I'm up at all hours of the day and night. My wife fortunately is understanding of this and doesn't give me a hard time about it.

What's worse, after all the travel and time away from home, the company laid me off last Friday, replaced by a less expensive person with no experience.
Got that T shirt.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Generic Walmart brand unison. Took them almost daily working 11pm-7am. Current job has me working 5:30pm-6am. I take melatonin. It doesn't leave me with that groggy hung over feeling.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ugh ... I've been up since 3 ... 😣😣😣 Not anything like what you have going on GED ... Damned dogs kept wanting this, that and the other. 🙄🙄 Good thing for them Grumpy has work today -- otherwise the racket from the beatings would have been heard in MWC. 😒😒 (OKay, not really but their might have been some yelling involved. I do NOT understand why Nero thinks he has to wake me up every hour or so.)

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ugh ... I've been up since 3 ... 😣😣😣 Not anything like what you have going on GED ... Damned dogs kept wanting this, that and the other. 🙄🙄 Good thing for them Grumpy has work today -- otherwise the racket from the beatings would have been heard in MWC. 😒😒 (OKay, not really but their might have been some yelling involved. I do NOT understand why Nero thinks he has to wake me up every hour or so.)
So you woke me up at 3

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen them big ol' dogs of yours. I would happily give them whatever they want! :yikes2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom