Target has access to the OK Drivers License database!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crap, I just signed up for a Target credit card...

No really a properly trained CIA agent could memorize your license if they were working as a Target clerk...

That's what the bullseye is all about, I AM the target...

Thank you folks, I'll be here for at least 15 more minutes!

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Part of the problem is that even though a clerk may make a legit error by typing in the wrong DOB, they clerk and manager on duty still face the wrath of the ABLE commission and of a arrest and fine if they sell to a under age person. Might be a legit accidental error, but the LEO and ABLE wont care.

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
this may be a really loaded question, but i am going to ask it anyways, let's say (for whatever reason) the gov't was "in" on this whole deal, what exact information would they be able to get that they didn't have already from a cashier getting your DL info??

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're in the mood to confuse the hell out of a retail clerk then go to Best Buy - write a check for something you wish to purchase - and when asked for ID show 'em your passport.

Tried that a few years ago just for grins.

Einstein's infinity quote is appropos to describe the ensuing hilarity.

A CCW works just as well to enjoy even more hilarity. Tried that at a different Best Buy.

Not a huge fan of Best Buy - nope - not a fan at all. But not for the reasons noted above.

it really screws them up if you use a retired military ID card and you are under 30.

Pharmerholt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can tell you that from working at Walgreen's Pharmacy, we scan your license (for pseudoephedrine and other stuff) and the information is submitted to the state and then back to us.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
this may be a really loaded question, but i am going to ask it anyways, let's say (for whatever reason) the gov't was "in" on this whole deal, what exact information would they be able to get that they didn't have already from a cashier getting your DL info??

They're creating a database of people who consume alcoholic beverages.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, what would that mean?? is it all part of a plan to one day bring back prohibition and then punish people before the law was in effect??

Haven't you seen the movie "Minority Report"? Not only are they tracking people that buy alcohol, they are then using the RFID chips in your license to track when you are on the road, and set up drunk driving roadblocks to try and catch them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom